A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Montreal, QC
Number of Positions: 1
Language: Must be fluent in both French and English.
Perks: Great location downtown close to the metro! Solid benefit plan and bonuses.
Our client develops and supports broker management systems for insurance and financial services brokers across Canada—and are the largest in their industry! They are augmenting their team and need someone with a focus on C# to provide programming and analysis in response to client programming requirements.
• Analyze system requirements and write programs
• Participate in technical design sessions, recommend solutions
• Provide structural coded statements from specifications
• Create test criteria, unit and integrated testing, data and file integrity testing
• Ensure accurate interpretation of client requirements
• Develop programming solutions which meet business requirements
• Test new programs and participate in system installations
• Perform investigations as assigned
• Program documentation and specifications
• Application/product support
• Ability to quickly determine solutions to problems and ensure that the solution takes into consideration the entire application
• Act as a programming consultant supporting marketing requirements, prototype development, R&D and other critical corporate functions
Training and Technical Support:
• Respond to any problems the client may have with the system; initiating solutions
• Perform code reviews.
• Assist with training and mentoring of junior programmers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• University or College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2-4 years of structured experience working in a programming environment.
• Knowledge about the General Insurance Industry to understand the various systems and products utilized by clients and maintained by teams.
• Excellent understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
JOB PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
• Must ensure conformance with the programming methodologies.
• Provides full solutions to problems/enhancements; all solutions that are implemented are analyzed to ensure conformance with the entire system.
• Must stay up-to-date on evolving technologies.
• Strong experience with C# programming (3-5 years experience)
• Solid understanding of SQL server
• Sound Windows client server experience
• Visual Basic 6 knowledge, able to read code
• IIS and ASP experience would be an asset
• Insurance experience would be an asset
For more information about this position, please contact:
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
(514) 954-8447 x224
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.