A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Systems Analysis
- Acts as a liaison between the IT development group and business units to understand & refine business requirements (through interviews, facilitated workshops, analysis of documents & work-flows). Determine best fit solution technologies and architectures, and create corresponding functional and technical design specifications.
- Use structured tools & methods to translate business requirements into detailed functional and technical system specifications for programmers – including user interface and report layouts, application behaviour, data analysis, interfaces, work flows, and business rules.
- Effectively represent these specifications and design documents to both the business and programming communities – to insure the end user’s expectations are fulfilled by the development team’s results.
- Evaluate new IT technologies/tools and evolving business requirements, and recommend (thru communications and presentations) appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements for current/new systems.
- Lead the design, coding, testing, deployment, maintenance, and support of new/enhanced application systems.
- Develop thorough test plans and implement test processes through unit, system/integration, and user acceptance phases.
- Assume a leadership role in systems design decisions relative to functionality, architecture and long-term maintenance and extensibility.
- Provide expert knowledge of the technical and business aspects of existing application system’s design and implementation to assist in the investigation and resolution of day-to-day production support requests.
- Investigate and solve application functionality related issues and provide support to business users.
- Lead project activities including assigning and ensuring the completion of tasks, determining project schedule (deadlines and budget) and resolving project issues. This includes coordinating efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Develop and maintain project plans with work breakdown structures for tasks, work with team to development realistic effort estimates to complete, produce project status reports for management and manage resources needed for the project.
- Utilize expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met, and the expected business value is delivered.
- Facilitate and lead discussions as required, preparing documentation to record discussions and follow-up actions.
- Develop and manage relationships with multiple businesses and segments, and technology partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in computer science;
- Demonstrable experience with industry standard tools & processes associated with the Systems - Development Life Cycle (SDLC):
- Requirements Analysis
- Programming Specifications
- System / Database Design
- Unit / System / Acceptance Testing
- Ongoing System Support
- Project Management
- 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in Applications SDLC;
- Experience in the marine transportation industry would be an strong asset;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, with a passion for uncovering and reconciling details;
- Thrives on problem solving and actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking and problem solving with others in the organization;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to adjust personal style to different user groups, ability to facilitate and negotiate consensus across groups;
- Ability to design business processes and document them;
- Ability to challenges business requirements;
- Bilingual French and English – speaking and writing;
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Business Intelligence (Cognos BI, TM1), Data Warehouse
- Lawson Financial Systems
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Shipping Industry Applications (e.g., Veson’s IMOS)
- Good technical skills with the Microsoft Office suite, Visio, and Microsoft Project (an asset);
- Occasional trips to CSL offices, Training Seminars
This is a full time, salaried position. CSL offers a competitive salary, employee bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates may apply below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The CSL Group Inc. (“CSL”) of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL's history can be traced back to 1845.
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.