A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Ville St-Laurent, QC
Number of Positions: 1
Language: Must be fluent in English; French is an asset
Perks: This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a relaxed environment with flex hours, excellent benefits and wonderful team spirit. Add to this a caterer 4 days per week, bagel breakfasts 3 days per week, free coffee, free parking and much more!
Our client is at the forefront of computer protection. They are a pioneer in anti-spyware and a leader in their industry. They are committed to delivering leading-edge tools that rely on proven technologies to combat all types of malware, support the community and provide free anti-malware software.
Are you an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse who loves to focus on forecasting and digital analytics? In this highly visible role, you will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insight and strategic guidance to product and executive leadership teams.
As the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will play the following roles:
• Product analyst: As such, you will research target market segments based on age, gender, location, and interest and work with product managers to ensure products offer something for each of those demographics. By analyzing market data, you will work to develop marketing strategies for the product.
• Service provider to various Business Units (BUs). You will partner with Product Managers and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for user growth.
• First client of the Data Team. You will act as the Product Manager of the data team, providing the roadmap and the execution plan to the team so that the team can deliver on the most valuable increments to BUs, on a predetermined deadline.
You will work with a team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Developers on latest big data solutions running on AWS. There is always a possibility to grow the team and the number of internal clients as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. Our technology stack is rich, and there are endless opportunities for growth and learning.
• Analyze large, complex data sets representing the behavior of millions of users of Lavasoft apps to address strategic and operational business questions
• Distill and communicate key insights across all levels of the organization
• Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
• Work closely with product managers and other internal teams, using data to drive continuous improvement in their product
• Experiment with big data, big systems, and big challenges with an extraordinarily small and talented team.
• Influence product decisions through data analysis
Required skills and background:
• B.A. or B.S. (graduate degree/MBA a plus) in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Stats, Economics, Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar)
• 2+ years’ experience at a top-tier firm in an analysis, market research or consulting role
• Experience with SQL, R, Python or other programming language.
• Strong business sense, and have the ability to translate complex market research data into manageable and useful marketing suggestions.
• Strong writing skills to create reports about target markets and product opportunities.
• Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus
• Ability to communicate complex results to less quantitatively sophisticated users
• Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working and a good business intuition are musts!
• Desire to apply academic knowledge to solve real-world problems.
• Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
Bonus skills and background:
• A Degree in marketing
• 3+ years of experience working with very large datasets of varied levels of structure
• Experience in an Agile and fast pace environment
• Background in PC or web security
• Understanding of Kimball methodology (e.g. Star, Snow flake schema)
• Experience with Issue tracking tool such as Jira, Sifter
Tools and technologies used:
• R, Python, PHP, Scala
• MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, MSSQL
• Google Sheets, Excel, VBA
• Git, Jira
For more information about this position, please contact:
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
(514) 954-8447 x226
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.