A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Within the programming team, the Tool Designer is responsible to design jigs, tools and special-purpose machines for the production of different parts and valves assembly.
• Read and analyze technical specifications, engineering drawings, bills of material and working instructions;
• Design jigs, tools and special-purpose machines in CATIA V5;
• Select the appropriate material for these designs;
• Contact suppliers and subcontractors;
• Assist production in the implementation of projects;
• Generate clear and accurate documentation necessary for product realization.
• Technical College degree in mechanical engineering or in another related field;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in tool design for conventional, automated and CNC machines, utilizing a computer aided design system;
• Knowledge of CATIA V5;
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel).
• Solid understanding of machining processes and techniques ;
• Problem solving skills;
• Ability to work under pressure in a multidisciplinary team;
• Knowledge of French and English (written and spoken).
Since 1950, Velan has been a world-leader in the design and manufacturing of cast and forged steel valves for a wide range of industries. We offer a broad product portfolio including gate, globe, check, ball, triple-offset butterfly, and steam traps, offering superior performance across all major industrial applications.
Our headquarters are based in Montreal, and we employ almost 2,000 people worldwide. We have 14 production facilities including four plants in North America, five plants in Europe, and five plants in Asia. Our main R&D interests include wear and corrosion protection for pipe and valve applications.
Velan’s well-established global supply chain and manufacturing footprint, as well as its proven know-how, enable us to deliver valve solutions that resolve the most complex technical and operational challenges.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.