A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Valero Energy Inc. is looking for:
Team Leader, Operations
MONTREAL EAST TERMINAL - PERMANENT
The team leader is responsible for managing all aspects of the team’s performance. He/she must ensure the safety of persons and operations as well as the implementation of standards, policies and operating procedures. The incumbent must also ensure the integrity and compliance of the Operations department equipment and report any deviation or defect.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the terminal, promote safety and prevent incidents;
- Ensure compliance with environmental standards in effect and operate within established parameters;
- Communicate daily with the team, in particular via performance variance controls; set objectives, identify variances and define action plans that address issues and opportunities;
- Have a mobilizing and motivating attitude encouraging the team’s commitment to reach established objectives;
- Ensure compliance with the collective labour agreement and manage work conflicts, if any;
- Report any incident, deviation from standards or abnormal operation and participate in the resulting analysis;
- Make sure interventions are well documented in cases such as lock-in lists, installed blanking plates, valve alignments during transfers, issued work permits, etc.;
- Ensure planned inspections are completed and Operations’ preventive work is carried out and make sure they are well documented;
- Define and communicate needs and provide training to operators;
- Make sure all required health and safety training for the team is completed within deadlines;
- Issue a daily operations follow-up report to the Supervisor, Operations, and ensure continued work force planning;
- Act as emergency Operations’ leader.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- College diploma in chemical process techniques or in another relevant field;
- At least 8 to 10 years practical experience in production, handling and/or transshipment of petroleum products;
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations and environmental standards in the oil industry;
- Proven leadership skills and ability to mobilize and develop a team;
- Problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to organize and control the team’s work;
- Ability to understand a control room’s systems (DCS Experion);
- Basic computer skills (Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Functional bilingualism (spoken and written).
* This position requires being available to work on 12 hour rotating shifts, day/night, 24/7
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.