The primary responsibility of the technical advisor is to visit our customers at different locations across the world in order to:
- Supervise fan assembly;
- Perform mechanical inspections;
- Start fans and troubleshoot start-up problems;
- Length of each site visit: generally between 1 and 4 weeks
When not on the road, the technical advisor will be working at our plant in St-Bruno, to provide assistance for rotor balancing and perform mechanical assembly of fans.
Provide inspection reports when assisting assembly and mechanical inspections.
Vocational diploma (DEP) in industrial mechanic or equivalent experience
At least 1 year in manufacturing or industrial sector experience.
- Strong analytical ability and focus on customer service;
- Ability to work independently and as a group;
- Demonstrates good judgment in decision making;
- Good troubleshooting ability;
- Good communication skills;
- Available to travel up to 50% of the time.
When travelling, overtime will be required occasionally during the week and on weekends.
Essential – Able to speak and write both in French and English
Essential – Excellent handicraft
Essential – Available for frequent travel around the world
Important – Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Experience required with:
- Mounting, tightening and alignment of anti-friction bearings, as well as sleeve bearings;
- Installation of various couplings and motor alignment (using laser).
Important – Valid Canadian passport and driving license
Asset – Knowledge of vibration analysis and balancing.
Asset – Rotating machinery mechanics experience
Asset – Welding experience.
Mobility: up to 50% of the time.
Competitive remuneration and benefits, including pension plan and group insurance
Covent Fans Inc. has been acquired by The Howden Group in 2012, counting approximately 6000 employees. Considering the recent restructuration and significant growth, the newly formed business unit of St-Bruno is looking for many candidates, for various positions.
Howden Covent Fans Inc. is a leader in the design and manufacture of custom heavy-duty centrifugal fans. Applications include fans up to 10,000 hp for use in Electric Power Generation, Pulp&Paper, Cement, Petro-Chemical, Mining and Metal smelting industries. The Howden Covent head office is located on the south shore of Montreal, in St-Bruno-de-Montarville.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.