A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The mission of the Engineering and Buildings Department is to update, design and build infrastructure aimed at ensuring a sustainable high quality of life in Pointe-Claire in the most efficient manner possible. The Department relies on a qualified and professional staff that is dedicated to the quality of life of Pointe-Claire citizens.
Responsibilities and goals associated with the position
Reporting to the Supervisor – Project Management – Buildings, the Project Manager in the Engineering and Buildings Department applies knowledge, expertise, tools and techniques related to planning, organizing and controlling the activities and resources required for project delivery (development, renovation, renewal, troubleshooting, land-use planning, etc.).
The jobholder’s main responsibilities are as follows:
• Coordinates various project phases contracted out to external professional firms, from design to work completion, and ensures compliance with legislation, by-laws and standards currently in effect in the City of Pointe-Claire;
• Calculates cost estimates for construction, renovation or demolition projects, ensuring that the level of precision is appropriate for each type of estimate (e.g., rough, preliminary or detailed estimate);
• Analyzes reports of contracts awarded, indicating costs and rationales, and recommends contract changes, if applicable;
• Carries out studies, research, inspections, and analyses as required to arrive at cost estimates for maintenance, repairs, alterations, renovations, construction or demolition, and reports appropriate findings or recommendations;
• Checks plans and work carried out by subcontractors to ensure compliance with current codes, standards, guidelines, budgets and established timetables;
• Participates with – and represents, as required – her or his immediate supervisor in various activities related to project planning, design, development, control and monitoring;
• Provides regular guidance and direction to current operations staff and to a small number of staff assigned to related tasks, answering their questions and checking the quality of their work;
• Supplies external professionals with all the information they need to carry out a project, and provides advice on specific problems to City of Pointe-Claire stakeholders using studies, research, expertise or other information;
• Works with professional firms contracted for projects to find solutions to unanticipated problems encountered on building sites;
• Carries out any other related task.
The incumbent must hold a specialized diploma of college studies such as a DEC in mechanical engineering and a project management certificate. She or he must also have gained familiarity with the type of work required for this position through four (4) years of experience.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s licence;
• Spoken and written French;
• Spoken English;
• Highly developed project management skills;
• Tact, composure and courtesy;
• Leadership, self-direction and ability to work as part of a team;
• Well-developed organizational and project control skills;
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information;
• Sound judgment and ability to solve problems and make recommendations;
• Adept at clearly and legibly completing forms and documents.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.