A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Production Supervisor is mainly responsible to supervise machining, welding and hydraulic tests activities, in accordance with Quality Control Instructions (QCI) and assembly plans generated by the manufacturing system (BaaN). He/she will have to work closely with the Quality Control, Planning, Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing Technology Departments to ensure timely production of quality valves, in order to respect the commitments, the objectives and the delivery deadlines.
More specifically, he/she will be responsible to:
• Define and monitor the production objectives
• Ensure tracking of and compliance with deadlines and budget objectives
• Manage daily production activities
• See to compliance with and improvement of Work Health and Safety standards
• Motivate the team to optimize their performance
• Make the necessary improvements to ensure the team’s profitability and efficiency.
• College Technical Diploma (DEC) in mechanical engineering or the equivalent
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in management of unionized personnel in a Manufacturing company;
• Team work abilities
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Available to work on the evening shift
Since 1950, Velan has been a world-leader in the design and manufacturing of cast and forged steel valves for a wide range of industries. We offer a broad product portfolio including gate, globe, check, ball, triple-offset butterfly, and steam traps, offering superior performance across all major industrial applications.
Our headquarters are based in Montreal, and we employ almost 2,000 people worldwide. We have 14 production facilities including four plants in North America, five plants in Europe, and five plants in Asia. Our main R&D interests include wear and corrosion protection for pipe and valve applications.
Velan’s well-established global supply chain and manufacturing footprint, as well as its proven know-how, enable us to deliver valve solutions that resolve the most complex technical and operational challenges.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.