A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Material Handler / Forklift Operator
PERI Formwork Systems Inc. is seeking energetic, motivated and driven individuals to join our dynamic team in our Laval yard location. PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 6,500 employees worldwide.
As part of our exceptional Logistics and Distribution team, your main responsibilities will include:
• Actively participating in the shipping and receiving operations throughout the yard including duties such as loading and unloading trucks; checking for overages, damages and shortages; order picking; operating a forklift; and repackaging returned materials;
• Safely operating a heavy duty counterbalance forklift to move material and pick orders when required;
• Consistently executing pedestrian safety while operating machinery;
• Actively participating in the year-end inventory control process ;
• Participating in all group health and safety meetings;
• Maintaining satisfactory attendance record with consistent emphasis on punctuality;
• Complying with all PERI policies and procedures, and provincial health and safety standards, at all times.
The successful candidate will require the following
• Must have a valid forklift license from a recognized and accredited Canadian training program or school;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the safe operation of a diesel-powered counterbalance forklift with capacities up to 15,000 pounds / 7,000 kilograms
• Experience in an outdoor yard environment is strongly preferred
• Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction and multiplication, and to count parts manually
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs., and manual material handling of large and small parts for material preparation and movement
As a PERI employee, you can expect the following work conditions in the yard area:
• Operations are performed outdoors, year-round
• Regular exposure to dust, dirt and grime
• Constant exposure to forklift and transport truck traffic
• Standing and walking for up to 8 hours per day
• Manual material handling
• Availability to work overtime during week days and on select weekends
• Eligible for health and dental, company performance bonus, and RRSP
• 6% vacation per year
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resumes to Human Resources
or by fax to (905) 951-8851
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PERI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Growing with PERI
Be Part of a Winning Team!
PERI is a leading international company with subsidiaries in more than 50 countries throughout the world and offers a variety of challenging career opportunities.
As a family-owned company with a tradition of more than 40 years, we are characterized by long-term strategic thinking, flat hierarchies and respectful interaction. Everyone is responsible for the success of the company. The corporate success is based on the readiness to perform and the commitment of the staff members.
Every staff member counts! The foundation of our success is our staff members who are characterized by the highest motivation, expertise and spirit.
The key to success is created by the people in our company, because behind top products and innovative solutions, there are committed people who add their strengths to the team. Our team members look for the best solutions for our customers with their commitment and readiness to perform. They can seize their potential and further develop it within a working environment that is characterized by respect, self-reliability and team spirit.
If you consider it a challenge to make our success your success, then PERI is the place for you.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.