Department: Public Services and Procurement Canada
Number of positions: 1
Job category: GL-EIM-10
Are you interested in a meaningful career with the Government of Canada? Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) may be the right place for you!
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) is looking for a maintenance electrician for its Quebec Region.
This process will be used to staff positions in Montréal.
This process will be used to create a pool of partially qualified candidates to staff similar positions with various tenures (term and/or permanent positions) and different security requirements (reliability and Top Secret) within PSPC’s Quebec Region.
Education level: Successful completion of high school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
Hold a valid journeyman electrician’s certificate, “C” licence, issued by the Province of Quebec, or a valid journeyman electrician’s competency card issued by the Commission de la construction du Québec
• Operate, service, repair and modify the electrical power supply, carry out maintenance work (both preventive and corrective), inspect electrical materiel and systems, and diagnose potential problems, safety hazards, operating failures and defects.
• Develop and validate new electrical installations or modify existing ones.
• Maintain, repair, modify and install electrical and electro-mechanical components, as well as heating and cooling systems, switchgear and transformers, and install wiring and electrical conduits, indoor lighting systems and lighting equipment.
• Provide recommendations to one’s superior regarding the purchase of materials, supplies and tools, as well as the engagement of contractual maintenance services, and provide estimates of the materials needed to develop work plans and schedules.
• Assist other employees in different trades in emergencies.
• Plan, supervise and check the work of contractors.
• Operate, maintain and repair the fire protection system.
• Operate, maintain and repair the access/security control system.
• Correct, adapt and revise specifications prior to calls for tenders.
The salary for this position ranges from $28.26 to $30.70 an hour.
The employer also offers its employees excellent benefit packages (including medical and dental) and one of the best pension plans in Canada, as well as continual learning and career development opportunities.
For more information, including screening criteria and how to apply, visit jobs.gc.ca.
The process number is 2016-SVC-EA-MTL-158652.
The reference number is SVC16J-010211-000010.
Applications must be sent by September 27th, 2016.
For tips on how to apply, visit the Public Services and Procurement Canada website.
The public service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages you to voluntarily indicate on your application if you are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
Ces renseignements sont également disponibles en français.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.