A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to the Manager, procurement operations, you will be responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials.
• Prepare quotations and purchase orders for subcontracted and finished machined parts.
• Processes requisitions for supplies, researches products, clarifies specifications, documents competitive bidding, types purchase orders.
• Negotiates requirements for pre-production samples, spare parts, customized technical literature, and patent and royalty protection.
• Facilitates and ensure the steady progress to completion of a project by the efficient movement of materials, freight, etc. within our systems.
• Makes sure that the required goods arrive at the appointed date in the agreed quality at the agreed location.
• Follows up back orders, expedites delivery of orders, and makes special arrangements for delivery; communicates to the department the expected delivery date.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, evaluate vendor performance, utilizes different vendor sources to fill as directed.
• Deals with vendors and manufacturers, which often involves persuading potential vendors to undertake the manufacture of custom-designed items according to complex and rigid specifications.
• Maintain tracking system for controlling issue and return of materials
• Maintain a good working relationship with other departments such as planning, production and engineering
Skills and Qualifications:
• College studies diploma
• Minimum of 2-3 years related buying experience with an (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer, ideally within the valve or pressure vessel industry, machined components, forgings, castings and fasteners.
• Familiar with material specifications such as ASTM.
• Knowledge of machining and ability to understand drawings and specifications
• Experience within MRP and Microsoft Office environment
• Organizational skills, ability to manage priorities and meet established deadlines
• Be persistent, autonomous and resourceful
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Good knowledge of Word and Excel
Since 1950, Velan has been a world-leader in the design and manufacturing of cast and forged steel valves for a wide range of industries. We offer a broad product portfolio including gate, globe, check, ball, triple-offset butterfly, and steam traps, offering superior performance across all major industrial applications.
Our headquarters are based in Montreal, and we employ almost 2,000 people worldwide. We have 14 production facilities including four plants in North America, five plants in Europe, and five plants in Asia. Our main R&D interests include wear and corrosion protection for pipe and valve applications.
Velan’s well-established global supply chain and manufacturing footprint, as well as its proven know-how, enable us to deliver valve solutions that resolve the most complex technical and operational challenges.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.