Construction Project Lead
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
- Peut avoir à se déplacer dans les magasins
Responsible for the planning and management of all store construction and renovation phases.
- Ensures the proper planning of projects (preliminary budgets, deadlines, etc.).
- Revises and corrects architectural, mechanical and electrical plans for the issuance of a permit according to Company standards.
- Follows up closely with general contractors at each construction phase.
- Visits jobsites as needed to verify that construction is up to Company specifications and standards, and suggests appropriate solutions to any problems that may arise.
- At the end of the project, follows up with general contractors regarding the deficiency lists of construction and renovation projects in order to respect legal warranties.
- Assesses change orders as per jobsite conditions.
- Creates purchase orders for all in-store interventions, change orders and construction supplies and ensures follow-up.
- Plans store openings and closings and communicates the necessary details to internal teams.
- Files the legal documents and paperwork related to construction project management (schedule-C, building permit, occupation license, recovery of project completion documents, etc.).
- Transmits information to the Maintenance Department.
- Generates post-mortem reports for all projects and shares information with the Construction Manager.
- Coordinates all repairs and leasehold improvements with stores and internal contributors.
- 5 years experience in construction project management
- Estimation experience an asset
- Retail industry experience an asset
- College Diploma in Industrial Engineering or in a related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Project an asset
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical plans
- Strong organizational skills (time management, planning and coordination)
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- May have to travel to stores within the region, including out of town location according to Company needs.