One in ten Canadians has kidney disease and millions of others are at risk. Each day 15 Canadians learn their kidneys have failed. The Kidney Foundation of Canada is a national volunteer charity that exists for the enhancement of kidney health and, if possible, the elimination of the burden of kidney disease. It emphasizes:
• Hope through research and its translation
• Support through access to care, comfort and transplantation
• Empowerment through knowledge, advocacy and community
• Engagement through an informed public and effective public policies and strategies.
Reporting to the Online Solutions Manager, the Web & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for updates and maintenance of the Foundation’s online presence, including social media portals, and providing ongoing support to content managers and users.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate and integrate content for online fundraising, ensuring best practices are applied to make optimal use of available tools.
• Coordinate and integrate website content, ensuring consistent branding, key messaging and web-appropriate formats are in place.
• Manage and monitor social media platforms and online presence through other web portals by developing and deploying comprehensive plans for daily content and audience engagement.
• Service National and Branch requests for additional online content (i.e. event listings, news items, integration of multimedia elements).
• Coordinate and integrate content for e-mail newsletters, alerts, campaigns, surveys and appeals as required.
• Set-up and administer users of the content management system, fundraising system and other online services and tools used by The Kidney Foundation.
• Provide technical support and training to National and Branch volunteers and employees as needed.
• Monitor website and social media analytics and generate monthly statistics reports.
• Help develop and maintain documentation for web applications and standard procedures, including best practices documents. Provide expert advice and resource to employees.
• Support Communications team through project coordination, content creation and planning.
• Minimum two-year diploma in Communications or Website Technology with at least three years of experience administering websites and online content.
• Proficient with content management system (CMS) software and other relevant website management tools.
• Experience with online fundraising systems required.
• Experience with some or all of the following software would be a definite asset: Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud NetCommunity, A.K.A. Raisin, MailChimp, Survey Gizmo, Ning, Google Analytics.
• Proficient with Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple social media portals, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, flickr, etc.
• Fluently bilingual, written and spoken.
• Excellent troubleshooting and help desk skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Self motivated; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The Location: The Kidney Foundation of Canada, National Office, 310-5160 Decarie Blvd., Montreal, QC H3X 2H9
The Kidney Foundation of Canada
310-5160 Decarie Blvd., Montreal, QC H3X 2H9
ATTN: Teresa Havill, National Director of Human Resources
Tel : 1-800-361-7494 ext. 226
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Candidates are asked to submit a resume (and cover letter if available) in both English and French.
The Kidney Foundation of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.