A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Product Manager is responsible for the management of the complete product development lifecycle, consistent with the company’s growth plans. The Product Manager is a resourceful self-starter, driven to achieve positive results, he also possesses a high level of comfort working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. The ability to manage a variety of diverse projects, from start to finish, simultaneously, is essential to the successful execution of the role.
He performs all other related duties, all in accordance with internal procedures and rules of the organization
TASKS RELATED TO FUNCTION
Product Development 70 %
1. Execute a unified product development process by managing internal and external resources
throughout the product lifecycle, from consumer insights through to launch and post-launch
2. Visits customers to determined product needs.
3. Review product line monthly to supply sales & marketing.
4. Plan and deliver products which meet specified performance and cost criteria within
5. Establish and maintain relationship with all factories and key stakeholders.
6. Involvement in new product concept brainstorming meetings.
7. Primary liaison with overseas vendors for Product Development from artwork to product
specification, sculpting and sample approval.
8. Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales
costs; anticipating volume.
9. Ensure the accuracy of product and packaging samples and seek approvals required.
10. Guarantees deadlines are met to obtain samples for tradeshows
11. Attend trade shows & industry functions to learn of new developments and seek
12. Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales,
advertising, and production.
Market Research 20 %
1. Conduct studies, analyzes and recommends the potential for development of the company:
new customer segments, new products, new partners.
2. Research & develop new products as required.
3. Research & qualify new suppliers as required.
4. Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product
development programs and preparing return-on-investment analyses.
Negociation 10 %
1. Negotiate pricing with oversees vendors.
2. Establish a relationship of trust with our suppliers.
3. Develop new business relationships.
BEHAVIOURS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent ability to solve problems.
• Demonstrate an ability to synthesize and have a pragmatic attitude to better define the
issues as well as participate in the development of tangible and applicable solutions.
• Demonstrate excellent ability of interpersonal communication, based on respect, diplomacy
• Demonstrate a positive attitude in work, exercising calm and being stress resistant in more
• Demonstrate a good sense of planning and organization.
• Demonstrate strong ability to adapt, to lead and show initiative.
• Strong capability of analysis & synthesis.
ACADEMIC ASPECTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• A minimum or 5 years as a Category Manager, Product Manager or similar role is a definite
• Experience in managing the full product development lifecycle including product line
development, costing, prototyping, spec development.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• A proven record of success in coordinating product development projects is a plus.
• Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong detail orientation with the ability to work with overseas vendors is a must.
• A clear understanding of the consumer products is desirable.
• 5 years of experience in the field of automotive and tire industry would be an asset.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Fluent in English and good knowledge of French.
Any combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
This position requires travel outside the country several times a year.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.