A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing the Media & Event Specialist is responsible for attracting and interacting with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
The Media & Event Specialist will implement the company’s Social Media Marketing. Administration includes content strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and cultivate leads and sales. The Media & Event Specialist is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing the Company’s content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, community participation and leadership.
The Media & Event Specialist will also provide written content for various media forms (websites, social media, catalogs, press releases, advertisements, etc.) In this role, he will have the opportunity to create stories and articles and collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts to produce current and accurate marketing content.
The Media & Event Specialist will perform other related duties as requested by his immediate supervisor, all in accordance with internal procedures and rules.
1- Websites / Social Media 60 %
1. Provide written content for various media forms (websites, social media, catalogs, press releases, advertisements, etc.)
2. Maintain all of our company websites including Kia, Hyundai and Mazda.
3. Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
4. Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections.
5. Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
6. Collaborate with other departments (customer service, sales etc…) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
7. Produce marketing material including press releases, articles, user stories, blog posts, advertisements and more.
8. Responsible for the I-Configurator.
1. Prepare, coordinate, negotiate, organize and supervise all activities related to special events.
3- Photography 10 %
1. Responsible for scheduling photography sessions of our various products.
BEHAVIOURS RELATED TO THE FUNCTION
• Passionate about automotive technology and able to leverage this interest to effectively research the field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and familiar with technical writing and marketing communications best practices.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication ability, based on respect, diplomacy and discernment.
ACADEMIC ASPECTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in communication and marketing or equivalent.
• Minimum or three years of experience in a related field.
• Bilingual is a must.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Excellent knowledge of Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr…
• Knowledge of the automotive industry is a must.
• Recent photography experience would be an asset.
• Have valid travel documents (passport).
This position may require some travel across Canada and the U.S.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.