A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Develops Internet accessibility and promotional strategies, both general and specific, for all NFB productions (documentary, animation, interactive works and institutional projects). Handles operational and relational management of established partnerships; uses expertise to develop and implement, for the various branches of the NFB, strategies or best practices related to the essential elements of our digital activities to increase the visibility of NFB works and products (NFB.ca, NFB/Education and other business products) and our audiences’ engagement with them. Acts as editor-in-chief for all programming content and its management on NFB.ca and other channels and services related to NFB consumer offerings. Establishes priorities for programming of documentary, animation, and interactive works, in collaboration with distribution, marketing, and production colleagues. Measures performance and conducts analyses/evaluations of results for campaigns and promotional initiatives. Manages and elaborates strategies for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program and submits recommendations to Digital and Relationship Marketing Management Committee. Submits recommendations to improve the return on investment and contributes to the publication of texts. Liaises with internal clients and ensures satisfaction based on expectations and established parameters. Ensures that the NFB’s presence on all social platforms, on our blog, and in our newsletters is aligned with the NFB’s image.
• Carry out an ongoing industry and technology watch for new trends, practices and tools related to social media/networks, online promotional strategies, relationship marketing, the online usage of mobile and smart television markets relative to both the English-speaking and French-speaking communities and cultures;
• Identify and develop partnerships and/or relationships with key players in the digital world (content sites, bloggers, etc.) who through their reputations, traffic levels, audiences or sites can contribute significantly to outreach for NFB works that have been completed or are in production;
• Aid in the application of marketing strategies and either obtain or create content that can be used for promotional needs (interviews, video clips, photos, sound clips, comments, graphic design, quotations, etc.);
• Implement and manage the customer relationship program (CRM) of NFB.ca and make recommendations to the product managers for the implementation of this program with their respective products;
• Develop a strategic vision and action plan for the programming of a multi-channel online consumer offering;
• Lead and champion the programming committee for NFB.ca and other online content platforms targeted at the consumer market, including partner sites;
• Participate in planning the rollout of new productions and identify and champion the direct-to-digital release of a certain number of productions each year;
• Participate in the Digital and Relationship Marketing Management Committee and thereby contribute to achieving Management’s objectives with other team leaders;
• Develop and deploy coherent and effective tactics for all the sectors; devise and promote within the NFB new online marketing and advertising techniques and adapt them to specific situations;
• Develop and deploy coherent and effective tactics to increase web traffic on NFB.ca, increase the conversion rate of the shopping cart and increase the number of transactions;
• Develop and implement processes and tools to meet the identified needs and strategies;
• Develop a schedule based on established goals and identify the components to be delivered;
• Propose an operating budget aimed at achieving the best return on potential investments, with the Digital Marketing Director’s authorization when necessary;
• Handle negotiations in established partnerships and liaise with partners on any issues related to ongoing projects;
• Develop relationships with external producers and distributors and provide recommendations for the acquisition of distribution rights for new products;
• Suggest evaluation tools and methods that the NFB could use to improve its online presence and which could be recommended in the industry;
• Develop and identify outreach opportunities for NFB properties, mobile platforms and social networks;
• Oversee online forums and other web spaces to ensure they are effectively moderated; manage the scheduling and priorities of content posted to social networks, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.;
• Oversee the scheduling and quality of the NFB’s newsletters and collaborate with the NFB.ca team in the publishing of other relevant content on the website and the mobile platforms and applications;
• Liaise with internal clients and ensure their satisfaction at different stages of a project’s development based on expectations and established parameters;
• Ensure that quality control assessments of services and products offered to internal and external clients are carried out promptly.
• Bachelor degree in Communication Studies, Arts, Marketing, Management, or equivalent;
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in social media-related technologies with proven track record of delivering client solutions;
• At least two (2) years of management and supervision;
• A thorough knowledge of digital marketing and its measurement tools, ideally in the cultural industry;
• Expertise in managing a transactional website, ideally gained in the field of culture;
• Thorough digital media expertise with deep understanding of industry best practices and their application;
• Experience implementing and/or managing a customer relationship program;
• Very good computer skills, including the use of tools and platforms for social media monitoring (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and more);
• Good ability to create and track reports and metrics related to social media;
• Bilingual in both official languages, written and spoken (essential) and strong understanding of the cultures and realities of Canada’s two official language groups.
• Judgment, autonomy and flexibility; ability to cooperate, open-mindedness, and good listening skills. Creative thinker and strategist; strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé BY NOVEMBER 4TH, 2016, citing competition number: JS-00021257.
As part of its employment equity policy, the NFB gives special consideration to applications from all qualified candidates belonging to any of the following groups: Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability and visible minorities.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.