Editor/Reviser – German/English
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently seeking an Editor/Reviser – German/English
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Editor/Translator – German/English
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Localisation Manager, the successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the translation and editing of game content, press releases and other varied internal documents. Adaptability and flexibility, as well as the ability to make effective use of all available resources, are key to this role. The texts to be translated will be from English into German, and there is a substantial amount of editing to be done on texts already written in German. Localisation testing will also account for a significant amount of the workload.
• BA in literature, translation or equivalent
• Prior experience in translation
• Bilingual (German-English spoken/written)
• Excellent communication skills and an appreciation for the subtleties of language and grammar
• Creative and able to take initiative working independently or within a team
• Able to do precise, accurate work under pressure, and prioritise work load in order to meet varying deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Third language (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or French) an asset
• Familiarity with video games and/or wireless technology an asset
• The candidate will be a native German speaker or equivalent.
• Must like testing video games on a daily basis.
Please include a translation (in German) of the following passage and provide a two hundred word writing sample stating why you are the right person for this position, to be included with a CV.
“In less than twenty years, mobile telephones have gone from being rare and expensive pieces of equipment used by businesses to a pervasive low-cost personal item. In many affluent countries, mobile phones now outnumber land-line telephones, with most adults and many children now owning mobile phones. It is not uncommon for young adults to own simply a cell phone instead of a land-line for their residence, even in the U.S. where mobile phone use is less prevalent than other industrialized countries. Mobile phone penetration is increasing around the world; this is particularly true of developing countries, where there is little existing fixed-line infrastructure.
With high levels of mobile telephone penetration, a mobile phone culture has evolved, where the mobile phone becomes a key social tool, and people rely on their mobile phone address book to keep in touch with their friends. Many people keep in touch using SMS, and a whole culture of "texting" has developed from this.”
Please forward this information to the following address:
Only retained candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
- Essential - BA in literature, translation or equivalent
- Essential - Prior experience in translation
- Essential - Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential - Bilingual (German-English spoken/written)
- Essential - Must like testing video games on a daily basis.
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat or Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal®, Illumination Entertainment®, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,000 developers.