A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The New Cities Foundation is looking for a creative and dynamic junior Communications Coordinator to join its team. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Coordinator will assist with designing media campaigns, creating content, managing social media channels and coordinating relationships with international journalists.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s head office in Montréal.
- Keep social media channels alive with inspiring, intelligent content and engage with online audiences.
- Organize Tweet Chats and other social media events.
- Write press releases, pitch stories to journalists and work with journalists at high profile international events.
- Write briefs and talking points for senior leadership speaking at events.
- Draft and edit content for the New Cities perspectives section.
Monitor media coverage and online
analytics for inclusion in media reporting.
- Collect and curate relevant content for the New Cities newsletters.
- Keep the New Cities media database up to date and create media lists.
- Assist the Director of Communications in building media partnerships with international media companies.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An excellent communicator with outstanding English language skills both written and oral. French is an asset.
- The right candidate will have a creative mind and will be able to constantly think of new ways to communicate.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Urbanism or related field.
- Experience in communications and social media management. Working knowledge of social media is required.
- Experience working on international events is required.
- Experience working in strategic communications and brand management is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in at least one of the following domains is required : innovation, urbanism, technology, architecture, design, local politics.
- Positive, can-do attitude. Great team player, fun to be around.
Salary between CAD $ 38,000 and CAD $ 47,000 depending on the experience of the candidate.
The New Cities Foundation is an independent non-profit organization whose mission is to make cities more inclusive, connected, healthy and vibrant. The Foundation conducts pragmatic research on solutions to challenges facing cities, launches initiatives to drive urban progress, and builds, empowers, and convenes a global network in support of its goals. The Foundation convenes the leading events on urban innovation, including the annual New Cities Summit. In all of its activities, the Foundation works with entrepreneurs and leaders from business, government, academia, civil society, the media and the arts. The Foundation was created in 2010 and is financed by its members and partners, which include some of the most forward-thinking companies who share a passion for the future of our cities. The Foundation is based in Geneva with smaller offices in Paris, New York and Hong Kong; and established its headquarters in Montréal in 2016.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.