- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
Internal and External posting
The Kativik Regional Government, which has its main office in Kuujjuaq, is looking for a dynamic person with a strong sense of leadership and initiative reliable and resourceful person to work in the capacity of:
(PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Director of the Administration Department, the Communications Coordinator leads the communications activities of the Kativik Regional Government (KRG), including the preparation of information for the public, media relations, websites and intranet and other pertinent communication activities and tools. More specifically the Communications Coordinator:
• Develop the KRG yearly communication plan, objectives and priorities and plan the budget accordingly;
• Ensure implementation and follow-up of action plans to achieve the section’s annual objectives;
• Supervise and coordinate activities and staff of the Communications Section;
• Establish and maintain contact with journalists and communications officers;
• Coordinate press releases, advertising, brochure texts and any other correspondence destined for media and the public;
• Supervise requests of information and interviews;
• Supervise logistical and organizational components of internal and public events organized by the KRG and in collaboration with other organizations when required;
• Coordinate media coverage of events including the KRG related activities, meetings, VIP visits, etc.;
• Supervise the translation service of documentation for the KRG Council sittings and other internal services;
• Coordinate the development of the websites and manage their content;
• Carry out any other related tasks required.
The selected candidate must meet the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or in a related field;
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in public relations, including management and supervision of staff;
• Solid leadership skills and demonstrated resourcefulness;
• Strong capacity to understand and manage situations that develop and change quickly;
• Capacity to synthesize relevant information;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Fluency (spoken and written) in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French.
Place of employment: Kuujjuaq
Salary: Minimum $53,822/year; maximum $74,005/year.
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, annual leave trips, cargo allowance, RRSP, group insurance, etc.
Please submit your résumé before 5:00 p.m. February 29, 2012 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, QC J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. Conditions may differ to promote the employment of INUIT beneficiaries.
The Kativik Regional Government (KRG) is a supra municipal organization north of the 55th parallel with an operating and infrastructure budget to date of over $145,000,000. The KRG has a strong presence in each of the communities of Nunavik and has it’s main office in Kuujjuaq.