A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Business Relations Manager (ADM2B)
The Business Relations Manager will facilitate, manage, enhance and promote McGill’s Faculty of Medicine Continuing Professional Development Office (CPD) activities. Work collaboratively with McGill University internal and external partners and stakeholders to deliver seamless interface and relationship management to target companies, and to achieve overall Business Relations goals for the office (increase accreditation business, maintain current relations, etc.).
• Serve as McGill’s point of contact for all business relating to CPD activities such as professional training, networking events and programs.
• Manages all aspects of business relationship for the CPD office in collaboration with the Associate Dean including the facilitation of prospecting potential new clients in order to increase business.
• Determine & monitor funding sources, and ensure deadlines are respected.
• Acts as primary resource person in relation to accreditation of external CPD programs and communicates both internal and external based requirements and standards to the appropriate groups.
• Ensure appropriate communication to the CPD community on new activities, deadlines, changes, submission procedures, regulatory changes, etc.
• Prepare guidance and checklists for the major funding sources.
• Research, develop and promote standards and best practices required for compliance of University processes with external agencies regulations such as the CQDPCM Code of Ethics, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and College of Physicians of Canada.
• Analyze, review and assess information received by regulatory agencies, advises unit and implement necessary changes.
• Make presentations at information/orientation sessions.
• Liaise with research community, affiliated hospitals, and external regulatory and governmental agency personnel such as Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and College of Physicians of Canada to monitor the development of standards and to ensure CPD program alignment with the latest accreditation requirements.
• Organize and/or attend meetings and conferences, educational programs, and special events. May represent unit at internal and/or external meetings or function as record-keeper and ensure follow-up of business.
• Undertake special projects.
Minimum Education & Experience: Undergraduate degree Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Client-focused, with a high level of tact, diplomacy, professionalism with a demonstrated ability to build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships. Must have strong organizational, priority-setting, problem-solving, research and listening with both verbal and written communication skills. Able to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team. Must be able to provide advice, solutions, and timely information to assist in administrative procedures and problem solving. Ability to track, analyze, and synthesize a high volume of information and to handle multiple projects and meet strict deadlines. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of McGill University, the Faculty of Medicine, McGill’s teaching hospitals and the accreditation process an asset. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using databases, spreadsheets and web applications. English and French, spoken and written.
Reference Number: MR0223
Reporting To: Associate Director - Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Salary Range: (Grade 05) $54,300 - $67,900 (midpoint) - $88,300
Faculty/Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours Per Week: 33.75
How To Apply: Please submit your application online at
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.