- (Reference :1200675)
Advisor - Translation / Revision (from French to English)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The person in this position translates documents, including those to be posted on the Internet.
• Translates the organization's documents, including many strategic documents that have a significant impact on the Desjardins brand and image, including documentation to be posted on the Internet.
• Ensures that the terminology used complies with best business practices, specifically those of the financial services sector, taking into consideration Desjardins Group's cooperative nature.
• Assures the quality of work done by external suppliers.
• Occasionally supports and advises clients who would like their documents written in English and revises final documents and proofs, as necessary.
• Carries out English terminological and linguistic research, thereby contributing to the standardization work of the organization's other language experts.
• Helps develop work methods and tools, along with other specialists in the field. Conducts follow-up and recommends improvements to work methods and procedures.
• Develops and disseminates website translation standards and helps develop and implement English versions and adaptations of slogans, signatures and themes created for Desjardins Group's advertising and institutional communications.
• Oversees invoicing for freelance translators. Helps develop the terminological lexicon for the Web site.
• Bachelor's degree in translation.
• 3 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of P&C insurance terminology (asset).
• Proficiency with computer systems (Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• OTTIAQ member (asset).
• Excellent written and spoken English and French (expert).
• Customer service oriented.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Interpersonal savvy.
• Negotiating skills.
• Drive for results.
• Ability to work independently.
• Time management skills.
About Desjardins Group
Desjardins Group is the leading cooperative financial group in Canada with assets over $200 billion. Drawing on the strength of its caisse network in Québec and Ontario and its subsidiaries across Canada, it offers a full range of financial products and services to its members and clients. Desjardins specializes in Wealth Management and Life and Health Insurance, in Property and Casualty Insurance, in Personal Services, in Business and Institutional Services. Best Corporate Citizen in Canada for 2012 and among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Desjardins is supported by the skills of its 44,942 employees and the commitment of 5,268 elected officers. Desjardins members and the general public are invited to visit Desjardins Group’s education and cooperation program website at www.desjardins.com/co-opme.