To the Purchasing Manager for his/her job performance specifically with respect to the completion of their tasks and responsibilities in the most effective and efficient manner and within the require standards as described below.
• Working closely with Production Planning and coordinating all in-bound freight for fabrics, trims and/or finished garments while ensuring the best rates and transit times and in keeping with the planned production schedule.
• Communicating daily with vendors and/or freight forwarders to ensure deliveries are on schedule for all fabrics (dups and stock), trims (dup and stock) and finished garments (China, Bulgaria and Italy).
• Confirm booking for shipments with suppliers and forwarders and ensure that all required documents (NAFTA, Bill of Ladings, Packing lists, Commercial Invoices and Specification Sheets) are properly completed and readily available to the customs brokers for a speedy release and quick delivery to our stockroom.
• Forward all documents to the stockroom and coordinate delivery of shipments with the Stockroom Supervisor on a weekly or daily basis to avoid overhaul at the docks.
• Continuously sourcing alternative competitive forwarders to ensure the most competitive rates and most efficient transit times.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of logistics procedures and be proactive on any delays or setbacks caused by such events as ; holidays, labor strikes, over bookings or weather conditions that may hinder and delay the scheduled deliveries.
• Maintain and constantly update any and all delivery information in the computer for all outstanding orders for fabrics, trims and finished garments.
• Prepare and coordinate T/T payments and send payment confirmations to vendors.
• Prepare documents and coordinate courier packages sent out to vendors, agents and factories.
• Also responsible to help the Purchasing Assistant with creation of fabric codes, Purchase Order entry and Bill of Materials in Momentis.
• Diploma or Certificate
Since 1957 Joseph Ribkoff has been successfully designing collections for women around the world who lead busy lifestyles. The company and collections have been constantly evolving to meet the multidimensional needs of today's women. Joseph Ribkoff stands out as one of the leading designers in Canadian fashion industry for nearly 60 years and over 64 international markets. All clothing is designed and created in Canada.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.