A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reports to: Store Design Manager
Do you have a passion for retail? Want to be challenged and grow? Think outside the box, work collaboratively, and know how to motivate others? Laura Canada offers an entrepreneurial, family owned and operated workplace that may be the perfect home for you!
Laura Canada was founded in 1930 and is the creator, owner and operator of two iconic brands – Melanie Lyne and Laura, which includes Laura Petites and Laura Plus – which are showcased to a loyal group of customers, in over 140 locations across Canada and online. This is a time of significant change in retail, and we are looking for new team members to help us thrive.
Is responsible for architectural drawings, renderings and 3Ds for new stores, relocations, remodels, and store improvement projects.
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Works in collaboration with Store Design Manager and team from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to completion.
• Generates a complete set of architectural drawings complete with details ready for permit and construction (as per design concept and standard).
• Generates specification documents and sample boards.
• Dtermines material takeoffs.
• Examines drawings for conformity and errors.
• Verifies and approves shop drawings prior to production.
• Reviews and interprets engineer specifications.
• Develops and maintains AutoCAD software & standards.
• Maintains project drawing files, drawing library, associated records, transmittals and documentation.
• Coordinates drawings with landlords, architects and engineers, and Construction Department.
• Assumes any related tasks in order to provide team support, as required.
• College diploma in a relevant field, interior design an asset
• Minimum of (5) years experience as a senior drafter
• Excellent knowledge in AutoCAD and SketchUp
• Strong communication and design presentation skills
• Exercises excellent time management, decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail on time and within budget
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadline and ability to manage priorities
• Knowledge of building code
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator
Laura Canada was founded by Laura Wolstein in 1930. From a single Montreal boutique, the company has flourished into a leader in Canadian fashion retail, with 167 stores across Canada. Our brand has grown to include Laura Petites, Laura Plus and Melanie Lyne, but our dedication to quality merchandise and exceptional service remains the same. Laura remains a family business, run by Laura’s grandson, Kalman Fisher.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.