- 12 months
- To be discussed
The heart of Bauer Hockey is built around one simple idea -- innovation. Whether that innovation is called Vapor or Supreme, the principle is the same: think something that nobody has thought before, or improve something that already exists. It's how we create our products, and it's the way we treat the people we work with. Bauer Hockey Corp., is currently seeking a:
to fill a temporary position (Maternity leave replacement) in the Research & Development Centre located in St. Jerome, Quebec. Reporting to the Design Manager, you will have the responsibility of:
- Creating innovative product designs that advance Bauer’s design image, advance product performance that reach and appeal to targeted consumers. Actively contribute to seasonal creative strategy for product lines and comfortably create 3-4 core level lines of products per major season;
- Present and communicate visual concept solutions to product briefs. Collaborate with product team to produce and present materials that effectively communicate the category consumers, product concepts, and creative strategy to internal/external audiences;
- Work jointly with the Launch Team members to focus product designs for market success. Actively seek expert input to develop appropriate designs with regard to cost/value, fit & performance, manufacturability, sustainability, merchandising and aesthetic finish. Create new practices, processes and design applications to increase product value and performance;
- Proactively follow the execution of all product details; construction, color, form, style, detail, fit, performance, cost/value requirements, etc. Review all samples and clearly communicate changes to Development team. Ensure the timely completion of each project. Take responsibility for final product result. Display excellent knowledge and practice in all phases of product execution – share knowledge and advancement with others;
- Utilize knowledge of category-specific consumers and culture to improve product performance and appearance. Be knowledgeable about competitor products, consumer retails habits and market trends. Represent the consumer for your product team;
Minimum requirements :
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of working experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software;
- Excellent mastery of hand sketching to communicate ideas;
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process and different materials;
- Understands design trends and how to translate them to design application.
- Able to work individually as well as with a diverse group of people;
- Excellent time/project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiples projects with minimal supervision;
- Communication skills in French and English;
- Have a passion for hockey.
Bauer Hockey Corp. offers excellent benefits, a stimulating environment and a competitive salary. If your experience meets our needs and you would like to join our team, kindly send your résumé to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Essential - Industrial Designer Bachelor
- Important - three (3) to five (5) years of experience;