A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT OF MERCHANDISING
Do you have a passion for retail? Want to be challenged and grow? Think outside the box, work collaboratively, and know how to motivate others? Laura Canada offers an entrepreneurial, family owned and operated workplace that may be the perfect home for you!
Laura Canada was founded in 1930 and is the creator, owner and operator of two iconic brands – Melanie Lyne and Laura, which includes Laura Petites and Laura Plus – which are showcased to a loyal group of customers, in over 140 locations across Canada and online. This is a time of significant change in retail, and we are looking for new team members to help us thrive.
Researches trends and conceptualizes merchant product assortments ensuring that all elements in style are executable (the right fabric for the right style) and deliverable on time. Presents styles according to target customer. Owns styles and respects target IMU.
1. Financial Objectives
Achieves all key financial objectives established in the seasonal budget:
• Sales plan
• Gross Margin Dollars Plan
• Sample Rate
• Researches trend-right fabrics, stylings, colors and trims on an ongoing basis through store visits, magazines, trade shows, trend services; and shares conclusions seasonally by means of a report supported by pictures, sketch samples or others.
• Interprets trends by styling for our target customer and presents them to the Category Manager/Buyer and Vice-President of Merchandising.
• Prepares and presents monthly styling through boards, magazine cuttings, pictures, fabric swatches and trims to Category Manager/Buyer and Vice-President of Merchandising.
• Reviews seasonal architecture with Category Manager/Buyer. Conceptualizes the assortment and styles towards the said architecture and meets Category Manager's/Buyer’s guidelines. This encompasses fabric selection and presentation.
3. Coordination and Execution
• Works with Production Team and local fabric agents to select and secure desirable fabrics that will result in optimal value and will allow for the execution of the assortment conceptualized with the Category Manager/Buyer.
• Brings styling expertise to enhance the garments and add value through styling details without adding cut and make costs.
• Collaborates with Production and Merchandising Teams to turn a vision into a merchant product that can be interpreted and executed, and that adheres to customer expectations and business criteria (right fabrics, right prices).
• Reviews and confirms sketches with Category Manager/Buyer to ensure sketches are according to styles and initial vision, and seeks Category Manager’s/Buyer’s approval to set sampling in motion.
• Attends fit sessions as required.
• Fashion Design diploma
• 10 years experience in product development or fashion design
• Adobe Illustrator skills are essential.
• Fabric and trim knowledge and/or buying are essential.
• Strong knowledge of textiles and textile structure
• Import knowledge
• Great fashion flair and adaptability to our target customer
• Detail oriented and highly organized
Laura Canada was founded by Laura Wolstein in 1930. From a single Montreal boutique, the company has flourished into a leader in Canadian fashion retail, with 167 stores across Canada. Our brand has grown to include Laura Petites, Laura Plus and Melanie Lyne, but our dedication to quality merchandise and exceptional service remains the same. Laura remains a family business, run by Laura’s grandson, Kalman Fisher.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.