A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reports to: Designers/Vice President
Do you have a passion for retail? Want to be challenged and grow? Think outside the box, work collaboratively, and know how to motivate others? Laura Canada offers an entrepreneurial, family owned and operated workplace that may be the perfect home for you!
Laura Canada was founded in 1930 and is the creator, owner and operator of two iconic brands – Melanie Lyne and Laura, which includes Laura Petites and Laura Plus – which are showcased to a loyal group of customers, in over 140 locations across Canada and online. This is a time of significant change in retail, and we are looking for new team members to help us thrive.
The Assistant to the Designers lends both creative and practical support to fashion Designers.
• Researches trends and creates seasonal theme boards.
• Gathers and distributes all relevant materials for inspiration and trend direction.
• Works with Designers to create, execute and maintain collection boards.
• Organizes records and archives of all sketches, samples, trims and fabrics.
• Creates presentation boards & color cards.
• Prepares samples and design room for key milestone meetings.
• Provides daily support to all members of the Design Team with various clerical tasks & follow-ups.
• DEC in Fashion Design
• Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office on PC and Mac
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Strong organizational skills
• Detailed oriented
• Creative with a great sense of style
• Passion for fashion
• Willingness to learn by showing enthusiasm and interest for the brand and the product
Laura Canada was founded by Laura Wolstein in 1930. From a single Montreal boutique, the company has flourished into a leader in Canadian fashion retail, with 167 stores across Canada. Our brand has grown to include Laura Petites, Laura Plus and Melanie Lyne, but our dedication to quality merchandise and exceptional service remains the same. Laura remains a family business, run by Laura’s grandson, Kalman Fisher.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.