- (Reference :1200675)
Advisor - Translation / Revision (from French to English)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The person in this position translates documents, including those to be posted on the Internet.
• Translates the organization's documents, including many strategic documents that have a significant impact on the Desjardins brand and image, including documentation to be posted on the Internet.
• Ensures that the terminology used complies with best business practices, specifically those of the financial services sector, taking into consideration Desjardins Group's cooperative nature.
• Assures the quality of work done by external suppliers.
• Occasionally supports and advises clients who would like their documents written in English and revises final documents and proofs, as necessary.
• Carries out English terminological and linguistic research, thereby contributing to the standardization work of the organization's other language experts.
• Helps develop work methods and tools, along with other specialists in the field. Conducts follow-up and recommends improvements to work methods and procedures.
• Develops and disseminates website translation standards and helps develop and implement English versions and adaptations of slogans, signatures and themes created for Desjardins Group's advertising and institutional communications.
• Oversees invoicing for freelance translators. Helps develop the terminological lexicon for the Web site.
• Bachelor's degree in translation.
• 3 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of P&C insurance terminology (asset).
• Proficiency with computer systems (Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• OTTIAQ member (asset).
• Excellent written and spoken English and French (expert).
• Customer service oriented.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Interpersonal savvy.
• Negotiating skills.
• Drive for results.
• Ability to work independently.
• Time management skills.