A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
• Provides administrative assistance to the Transportation Network Operations and Infrastructure and Bridges personnel.
• Assists Senior Director,with administrative tasks. In his absence ensure matters for immediate handling are redirected to and dealt with by appropriate person(s). Administers invoices and ensures they are complete and processed in a timely basis. Ensure proper account and responsibility numbers and input. Make travel arrangements; prepare meetings and conference calls to ensure all participants are informed of topic of discussion.
• Responsible for maintaining files related to the safety management, in accordance with the Transport Canada's Safety Management System, as well as for Operations' departmental programs. Ensures all safety related documents are in compliance with SMS Regulations.
• Responsible for preparing payroll and staff forms for the Network Operations group and Infrastructure and Bridges. Maintain departmental management files on discipline and salary reviews in all confidentiality. Responsible for verification of expense accounts for the group. Communicate safety policies, objectives, initiatives, performance & hazards.
• Provide support to the Network Operations' staff with respect to administrative duties related to the operation. Conducts and coordinates the follow-up activities related to issues with Transport Canada and other host railways. On call to provide emergency support (emergency operations center) as Recording Secretary in case of a rail service disruption or major incident.
• CEGEP certificate in administration, or equivalent, with a must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as an administrative assistant within the rail transportation industry.
• Advanced skills in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of VIP H.R. payroll system, an asset.
• Knowledge of Railway regulations (QSOC, CROR), an asset.
• Very strong oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• Working Together : Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be flexible, adaptable and be a team player, able to support the relationship between team members.
• Making Things Better : Must demonstrate initiative and sound judgement. High degree of diplomacy, and confidentiality required. High degree of resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving.
• Driving Results : Results-oriented with commitment to quality. Must be self-motivated and be able to perform under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Demonstrated organizational and planning abilities.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.
Our employees are key contributors to operating 420 trains weekly on 12,500 kilometers of track, serving 450 communities across the country, from coast to coast and north to Hudson Bay . They believe in our more human way to travel. They share our passion for quality services, traveller satisfaction and safety. They continue to make us a leader in travel and tourism experiences in Canada.
Over the coming years, together, we will tackle ambitious passenger rail modernization and expansion projects. We will also experience the retirement of many colleagues. This will open the door to a wealth of opportunities for motivated individuals who embrace our mission and values.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.