Accounts Receivable/Collections Technician
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
- None / No
Positron Inc. is a private, Montreal-based holding and operating company that develops telecommunications equipment. Positron has several operating subsidiaries and divisions in the telecom domain, including Positron Access Solutions, Positron Power and Positron Telecommunications Systems. With offices in Montreal, QC and Newport Beach, CA, Positron’s customer footprint extends from Canada and the United States through Europe, Latin America, Asia and the South Pacific.
Positron Inc. is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable/Collections Technician, permanent full time, to join our dynamic Finance team for the Montreal Head Office.
The Accounts Receivable/Collections position reports directly to the Controller and is responsible to ensure all accounts receivable goals & objectives are being met and for the collection of all customer accounts.
• Manage Accounts Receivable collections for multiple companies.
• Process regular deposits and application of checks and Credit Card payments.
• Process credit verifications for new accounts and credit limits.
• Prepare, process and mail customer Invoices.
• Ensure accuracy of pricing between Quotations and Invoices.
• Prepare monthly and weekly reports for management.
• Prepare letters of Credit.
• Collect outstanding receivables while maintaining customer relationships.
• Contact (phone and email) all past due customers to resolve any issues and delinquencies and ensure prompt payment and document collection activity.
• Reconcile all customer accounts and process all credit notes, offsets, and refund requests.
• Ensure all Accounts Receivable policies and procedures are followed.
• Reconcile Accounts Receivable sub ledger to general ledger.
• Support the finance team on ad-hoc requests and special projects as required.
• 5+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable/Collections role.
• DEC/College diploma in related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in both French & English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (primarily Word and Excel).
• Microsoft Dynamics Nav knowledge would considered to be an asset.
• Self-motivated, well organized, and the ability to learn quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service focus.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent teamwork skills; capacity to perform well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Autonomous, proactive and dynamic.
• Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times.
- Essential - 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Essential - DEC/College diploma in related field.
- Essential - Fluently bilingual.
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential - Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Essential - Microsoft Dynamics Nav knowledge.
- Essential - Self-motivated and well organized.
- Essential - Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Essential - Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.