We currently have a career opportunity available as an Accounting Manager at our Montreal facility. This position will entail reporting directly to the Corporate Director General Accounting at our Head office located in Irwindale, California.
The candidate will be the Lead Finance role within the Canada operation for Nellson Nutraceutical with overall responsibility for maintaining the general ledger and ensuring compliance with GAAP, overseeing activities of the monthly close process, financial statements and other reporting of Nellson Nutraceutical Canada Inc. The Accounting Manager will maintain a professional relationship with external auditors, Company management in Lachine as well as the Corporate office in Irwindale, California.
Provide support to the CFO/COO, Director of General Accounting, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Director of Operations Finance, General Accounting, Credit & Collections and the Senior Director Canada Operations.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
• Responsible for reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
• Act as key liaison with financial auditors, government auditors, banks and legal counsel
• Distribute monthly expense reporting to Department heads
• Responsible of the cash management; such as reconciliation of all bank accounts, provide funding and
manage CAD and USD requirements, issue wire transfers to various suppliers and prepare and distribute
Daily Sales and cash flow reports
• Prepare and submit monthly sales tax declarations
• Coordinate monthly and quarterly income tax payments as required
• Coordinate filing of annual income tax return
• Responsible of the Accounts Payable; verify the accuracy and pertinence of cheques issued by Accounts
Payable, set annual goals and provide performance review and supervise the Accounts Payable Coordinator
• Maintain fixed assets and corresponding journal activity
• All other required financial reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience
• Certified General Accountant (CGA) is required
• Managerial skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skill requiring minimal direction and/or supervision
• Ability to function well under pressure in an entrepreneurial organization
• Capable of initiating and managing change
• Bilingualism (French/English) is a must
If you are a dynamic, multi-task oriented, self-motivated individual who strives in a fast paced environment and if you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experiences, please forward your curriculum vitae by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 514-380-8388.
- Essential - BAC in accounting, finance or related field
- Essential - Minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience
- Essential - Certified General Accountant (CGA)
- Essential - Experience in managing employees
- Essential - Bilingualism (French/English)
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential - Experience with GAAP
Nellson Nutraceutical Canada Inc is an innovative leader in the manufacturing of dietary nutritional products. The head office of this international company is located in Irwindale California. Nellson is equipped with automated manufacturing facilities, which are strategically located in Irwindale, California (six manufacturing lines), and Lachine, Quebec (three manufacturing lines), which are capable of producing in excess of one billion bars annually. The Company also operates a state-of-the-art powder manufacturing facility in Salt Lake City, Utah (21 manufacturing lines, 3 agglomerators) capable of producing 50 million pounds of functional powder annually.