This position is responsible for performing various accounting functions within the auction, including but not limited to Cash Management, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, Tax Compliance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Internal Controls.
• Assist in managing the Auction’s records and reports in compliance with established account policies and procedures ;
• Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations including bank reconciliations ;
• Maintain daily Vehicle, financing, and Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable roll forwards ;
• Calculate, prepare, and enter various month end journal entries into the General Ledger
• Support Controller in month end preparation, review, and analysis ;
• Process sale day transactions and prepare and balance sale day deposits ;
• Verify and post all daily and sale day activity to include deposits, receivables, returns, after sale voids, liabilities, receipts, etc. to general ledger ;
• Review and prepare intercompany transactions with other divisions ;
• Enter and pay Accounts Payable as required ;
• Review, balance, and interpret reports, i.e. Held Item report, Outstanding Returned Item report, etc., and reconcile report discrepancies and problems ;
• Execute stop payments and drafts as required ;
• Ensure that internal and external customers are provided with timely and accurate assistance to facilitate good operational controls and minimize expenses ;
• Cross-train in other areas of the accounting department ;
• Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed ;
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence ;
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance required
• Bilingual French-English required
• 2-3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
• Experience in the automobile industry or the auction business a plus
• Experience with AS400, Oracle, Hyperion, and Microsoft Office preferred
• Strong communication and written skills
• Good problem solving and organizational skills
• Able to quickly develop strong working relationships
• Able to quickly assess issues and relevant information to make effective decisions
• Skilled in creating spreadsheets and reports in Excel and Word
• Able to maintain effectiveness in changing work responsibilities and environment
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new job related information
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks; manual dexterity
• Vision abilities required include close, distance, color and depth perception
Work Environment: Office setting.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
With more than 20,000 employees in operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2010, Manheim handled nearly 10 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value. A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), OVE.com, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck & Equipment, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 15 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Please submit your resume to: http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.