A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
This is an accounting position with responsibility for the accounting and general administration function of a relatively small but complex business in the high-technology sector.
POSITION OPEN: Staff Accountant / General Administrator
REPORTS TO: General Manager
• Manage the general accounting processes of the company; including, general ledger maintenance, income statement and balance sheet generation, inventory tracking and control, physical inventory counts, labor reporting and tracking, depreciation of fixed assets, general ledger account reconciliations and the monthly and annual closing process.
• Posts supplier/vendor invoices into the company’s accounts payable system, prepares batches of invoices for payment and processes disbursement checks. Insures the proper general ledger accounts are utilized for all accounts payable transactions.
• Prepares sales orders, invoices and packing lists for order processing and follows up with customers on payments to insure timely receipt.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts and variance analyses.
• Prepares financial results schedules, charts and reports for management.
• Prepares payroll for processing with outside vendor (including vacation accruals, RRSP contributions, Benefit portions, year-end processing, T4-RL1 and DAS Summary filings.
• Prepares and submits sales tax and other corporate tax filings with the appropriate governmental agencies.
• Prepares sales commission reports for management.
• Monitors and controls the company’s banking transactions and preparation of results and compliance reports as required.
• Maintains capital asset tracking records by tagging new acquisitions and making entries for additions and deletions.
• Maintains inventory item costing records and updates as required.
• Prepares data and information to support the annual audit process.
• Assists employees with accounting questions, transactions and procedures.
• Routinely review ACCPAC transactions to insure accurate input and account usage per internal procedures and standards.
• Perform special sales, administrative and financial related projects for the company as needed.
• A university degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent is required.
• Five years of experience in finance and accounting using GAAP standards.
• Proficient in the use of common software applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook or equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of commonly available ERP systems, including ACCPAC.
• Ability to work with departmental managers to develop financial plans/budgets and analyze actual results vs. budgets.
• Must have good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Our company values its associates and provides a casual atmosphere for personal growth and achievement. In keeping with this policy, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, attractive medical and dental plan options, vacation, RSP plan with generous employer contributions.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.