At Mattel - MEGA, our vision is "Creating the Future of Play". We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel - MEGA is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We believe in you and the potential of us. We thrive in a friendly, fast-paced environment, where creativity and teamwork are at the core of our unique culture.
Make a difference in kids’ lives, join our Procurement Department!
We believe in you and the potential of us
The Procurement Analyst will be responsible for sourcing activities, with a focus on Raw materials and Capital investments. This role requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and support the vendor negotiation process. This person will assist or may lead small cross functional teams driving cost, quality, service, technology, and innovation efficiencies through stakeholder engagement using data and spend analysis.
This role is vital to ensuring that MEGA/Mattel continues to gain momentum towards truly becoming a World Class Strategic Sourcing organization which will drive further operational efficiencies via sustainable cost discipline.
Key areas of focus:
1. Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs, evaluate vendors’ profiles, compile and analyze data, facilitate the sourcing process.
2. Assist in developing and managing vendors’ relationships and act as liaison between the company and the vendors. Coordinate testing and communicate test results (when applicable) and improvements to the vendor. Ensure vendors perform in compliance with contractual obligations. Ensure company doesn’t run out of essential goods and services through optimization of inventory levels.
3. Create presentations and analytics regarding data and spend for the project or a specific material category and identify savings opportunities. Look for possible process improvements and present recommendations to management.
4. Build a general understanding of the supply market and trends for our categories and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources and capabilities of suppliers while educating key internal stakeholders.
5. Partner with Finance, Production and Legal teams to accurately draft CER and contract documents and forecast future project spend.
o Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
o BBA (Finance or Operations management) or Engineering degree;
o Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
o Strong track record in building both internal and external relationships;
o Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and interact with employees at all levels;
o Ability to influence;
o Project management skills;
o Strong negotiation skills;
o Advanced MS Office suite knowledge;
o Excellent verbal/written skills;
o Fluent in French and English.
o CPM or similar certification preferred;
o Experience with Capital investment projects in a manufacturing environment (a plus);
o Knowledge of colorants and polymers (a plus);
o Chinese or Spanish (a plus);
o Experience frequently presenting reports and analysis to management;
o Experience developing contract terms with legal;
o Experience / Participation in cross-functional projects
o Knowledge using Oracle or JDE ( a plus).
MEGA Brands, a subsidiary of Mattel, provides stimulating creative experiences for children and families through innovative, well-designed, affordable and high-quality products that are marketed worldwide under leading brands such as MEGA BLOKS®, ROSE ART®, MEGA PUZZLES® and BOARD DUDES®.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MEGA - Mattel, our vision is "Creating the Future of Play". We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
MEGA - Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We believe in you and the potential of us!
MEGA Brands is part of the Mattel family of companies, benefitting from the brands, distribution and marketing of the world's largest toy maker.
For more information on Mattel, visit corporate.mattel.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.