A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Permanent position, 37.5h per week
Schedule: candidates must be available Monday to Friday, between 8am and 8pm
Location: 2015 Peel St., MontrealStart date: January 30, 2017
The Investemnt Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide our clients superior customer service experience. Being the first point of client contact, the Investemnt Specialist’s core mandate is to assist our clients with questions related to their BMO InvestorLine accounts, accept trading instructions on a variaty of investment vehicles, educate our clients on BMO InvestorLine products and services as well as look for opportunities to enhance the overall client experience and expand the relationship.
Inquiries or instructions around customer service will range from assisting with registered or non-registered account opening and maintenance, rates and program fee structures, corporate reorganisations, cash movements, margin lending as well as online support around tools/services/products offered through BMO InvestorLine website. The incumbent must be resourceful, patient and resilient and able to resolve client inquires through a willingness to use an open, direct, and fair minded approach to clearly communicate with our clients. Taking ownership of issues is critical. The Investemnt Specialist’s will leverage on the BMO InvestorLine Customer Connect model with the ultimate goal of buildying and solidifying customer loyalty that will positively reflect in individual and overall firm’s Net Promoter Score (NPS).
This incumbent will be IIROC licensed. The Investemnt Specialist’s will accept trading instructions from our clients on a wide range of investment products such as stocks, ETFs, bonds, GICs, mutual funds, hedge funds, money market instruments, etc. Thus the Investemnt Specialist’s is responsible for meeting the IIROC initial licensing requirements as well as the IIROC Continuing Education requirements to maintain an active license. Considering the heavily regulated industry, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and adhering to all internal policies and industry rules and regulations as well as be able to clearly explain/educate such complex matters to our customers. The Investemnt Specialist’s will act as the first-level gatekeeper and is responsible for obtaining the various approvals in order to satisfy industry regulators (IIROC) and strict internal audit guidelines. To ensure compliance, regulatory and risk mitigation requirements are followed, all approvals are to be carried out using a high degree of due diligence.
The Investemnt Specialist’s is also accountable to expand and/or solidify busines relationship with our clients and/or potential clients and have specific sales targets. The Investemnt Specialist’s must seek, recognize and act upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients, based on a foundation of excellent service.
The Investemnt Specialist’s provides input to develop and achieve team objectives. Works toward meeting productivity goals. Acts independently within specific industry and regulatory guidelines. The representative must have flexibility with work assignments and schedules as assigned, will operate in multiple working relationships/partnerships/environments. The Investemnt Specialist’s will be resolving issues and reporting any discrepancies to supervisor/manager
55%: Service and Productivity
· Projecting a positive and professional image showing each customer that they are highly valued, demonstrating to customer honesty and conducting all communications in accordance with established Customer Conversation Strategy.
· Managing work within a number of specific productivity targets
· Take “ownership” of customer satisfaction by handling any problems/issues effectively, with empathy and escalating as appropriate.
· Ensure trading instructions and all ticket creations are executed with accuracy.
35 %: Sales
· Results achieved against objective of number of sales closed.
· Proactively Identify opportunities based on customer transactions, stated or uncovered needs identified in customer conversations, fulfilling where appropriate and generating referrals to BMO partners based on customer need and preference in accordance.
· Results achieved against asset sales objectives.
10%: Personal Development
· Successfully meet all core courses and IIROC CE requirements
· Takes appropriate steps to update skills and abilities to maintain capabilities within the current role position. Understands the need for ongoing training and learning. Responds constructively to feedback and suggestions
· Takes the initiative for identifying and acting upon personal skill areas to be developed. May seek opportunities to apply new learning outside current job scope.
Skills and knowledge· Knowledge and understanding of industry regulations & standards· Broad knowledge and understanding of BMO InvestorLine Inc. products and services· Excellent customer service skills
· · · Exceptional telephone and communication skills
· · Great ability to seek, recognize and act upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients· Candidates will have to successfully complete the Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook, Derivatives Fundamentals Course and Canadian Options Course· University or Community College diploma/degree or equivalent experience· Strong math skills – ability to calculate margin requirements· Goal and achievement oriented· Analytical and problem solving skills· Ability to work in a high stress environment· Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment· Must be resourceful, patient and resilient· The incumbent should be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently· Fully bilingual, French and English
· · Operates in multiple working relationships/partnerships/environments· General computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Windows)
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.