Position: Divisional Controller
Salary: from $80K to $105K per year
Are you looking for a large reputable company with a head office in Quebec? Would you like to be hands on? If so, read on...
Our client located in the South Shore is looking for a Divisional Controller to join their Administration department’s team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the financial management of a division through the administration of accounting systems, preparation of reports, and maintenance of accounting records. You will also be the main support to the General Manager and Corporate Accounting team. Your main challenge will be inventory control and costing of manufactured products.
Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Finance your responsibilities, among others, will be to:
- Provide support to the General Manager in the accomplishment of all his responsibilities
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of improvement measures where necessary (this includes being a key participant in computer system troubleshooting, improvements and conversions)
- Review the monthly and annual financial statements
- Control the accuracy of inventory volume and costing
- Oversee the processes related to the divisional accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset management and intercompany transactions
- Provide analysis of both direct and indirect production costs to Management
- Provide analysis of operating costs on a monthly basis
- Provide a variety of ad-hoc financial reports
- Advise support staff on general accounting and financial reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements
- Supervise government filings as required
- Supervise year-end audit
- Manage administrative personnel
- Provide direction and training to employees
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness by staff of company’s policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Have an accounting designation such as a CA or CMA, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role – experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Be attentive to detail, and have a strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Have an analytical mind, be a self-starter and have the ability to function with minimal supervision
- Have a hands-on approach, autonomy, diplomacy, tenacity, rigor, and flexibility
- Be comfortable using computer systems and quickly become familiar with the software in use in the organization
- Have strong managerial skills regarding the support, training and motivation of support staff
- Be fluently bilingual (French/English) – knowledge of Spanish would be an asset
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.