A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Position: Divisional Controller – Costing and Budgets
Salary: $90,000 to $120,000
Are you a hands-on professional who would like to work for a large manufacturing company? If so, please read on carefully...
Our client located in the north shore is looking for a Controller to join their team. Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in the success of this reputable and growing organization!
In this role, reporting directly to the VP, you will be responsible for the financial management of a division through the administration of accounting systems, preparation of reports and budgets, and maintenance of accounting records. You will put your proactivity into good use and be the main support to the VP and team. Your main challenge will be to review product profitability and manage budgets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Offering your support to the VP in the execution of his tasks
- Recommending and participating in the implementation of improvement measures where necessary (this includes being a key participant in computer system troubleshooting and conversions)
- Reviewing and analyzing the budgets
- Controlling accuracy of product costing and profitability
- Overseeing the processes related to the Finance team, fixed asset management and intercompany transactions
- Providing meaningful analysis of both direct and indirect production costs to Management
- Providing analysis of regular operating costs on a monthly basis
- Providing a variety of ad-hoc financial reports, as requested
- Advising support staff on general accounting and financial reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements
- Managing administrative personnel
- Supervising a team of accountant
- Supervising year-end audit
- Providing direction and training to employees
- Ensuring a positive work environment and awareness by staff of company’s policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Accounting designation such as a CPA
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Analytical mind, motivation and ability to function with minimal supervision
- Hands-on approach, autonomy, diplomacy, tenacity, rigor, and flexibility
- Comfort using computer systems and ability to quickly become familiar with the software in use in the organization
- Strong managerial skills regarding the support, training and motivation of staff
- Fluent bilingualism (French/English)
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.