Position: Cost Accountant
Salary: from $50K to $55K per year
Our client, a prestigious pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team.
In this role, reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for assisting all aspects of the cost accounting function.
More specifically, you will be accountable for the delivery of timely management reporting, variance analysis, and planning and internal controls. You will need to demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, encourage teamwork by personal example and be proactively hands on. In addition, you must possess strong cost accounting and computer skills and demonstrate the highest level of organizational skills, thoroughness, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Assist in the budget and annual forecast
- Assist in the weekly/monthly closing process for cost accounting related activities as per required timeline
- Maintain accurate product costing/pricing
- Assist in inventory analysis and costing
- Provide periodic financial and operating management reports on a timely basis
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, accounting designation (CPA, CMA) in progress
- 1 to 2 years of experience in accounting, costing and analysis
- Excellent knowledge and experience of costing
- Experience within a public company context, and in manufacturing
- Dynamism, motivation, and ability to work within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of an ERP system
All you need is apply!
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.