Position: Corporate Controller
Salary: $115K per year
Our client, a growing dynamic company specialized in the industrial sector, is looking for a Corporate Controller to join their team.
In this position, you will be responsible for the financial management of 4 divisions through the administration of accounting systems, preparation of reports, and maintenance of accounting records.
As a Corporate Controller, you will be proactive and act as the main support to the VP Finance and Corporate Accounting team. Your challenge will be to manage a team, improve operational processes as well as the speed of reporting and ensure its accuracy.
In this role reporting directly to the VP Finance, you will mainly:
- Review the (monthly and annual) financial and consolidated statements for divisions
- Due to the increase in sales and large growth, implement procedure and streamline processes and improve the delay in issuing financial reports
- Prepare budget 4 times a year for all divisions
- Recommend and participate in improvement measures when necessary
- Participate in the cash flow preparation
- Oversee a team of 5 qualified Accountants
- Provide a meaningful analysis of all reports
- Generate a variety of ad-hoc financial reports
- Advise support staff on general accounting and financial reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements
- Increase the use of the system
- Supervise year-end audit
- Manage a team of 5 persons located in Montréal
- Provide direction and training to employees
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness by staff of company’s policies, procedures, goals and objectives
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA), ideally, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role; experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment would be an asset
- Attention to detail and strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Analytical mind, motivation and ability to function under minimal supervision
- Ability to make the numbers talk
- Hands-on approach, autonomy, diplomacy, tenacity, rigor, and flexibility
- Comfort using computer systems and ability to learn the software in use in the organization quickly – knowledge of Great Plains is an asset
- Strong managerial skills regarding the support, training and motivation of support staff
- Fluent bilingualism (French/English) – English is mandatory
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.