A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller for our Montreal offices to join our two organizations, TM TEMPLE LIFESTYLE & TM FASHION. Reporting to the Vice President Finance, the Assistant Controller will oversee a team of 2 employees and will be responsible for all accounting processes of the organizations. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role and has a Bachelor’s degree along with an accounting designation.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant controller include:
• Manage the month-end closing process;
• Review and analyze monthly results;
• Prepare departmental financial reports;
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy;
• Oversee accounts receivable and collection processes;
• Manage the accounts payable, credit card and related payment processes;
• Prepare bank reconciliations;
• Prepare sales tax reporting;
• Monitor bank balance/cash flows and prepare reporting to bank;
• Prepare payroll through Ceridian and manage employee benefits plan;
• Bookkeeping for holding companies within the group
• Oversee the application of accounting principles, practices and procedures and monitor internal financial controls;
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
• Support annual budget preparation and operational planning;
• Supervision of a team of 2 people.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor of Commerce and accounting designation
• 5+ years experience in a similar position in a small-medium sized company
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Experience in the consumer packaged goods and/or fashion industries, preferable
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Self-motivated team player and collaborator
• Strong in Excel and general knowledge of computer programs, ERP systems and overall IT
Temple Lifestyle is an emerging force within the Health & Wellness industry and is a broker, distributor and manufacturer of All-Natural and Organic products. In early 2008, the founders shared a vision; to provide greater access to healthy products that will ultimately enhance the modern consumer’s lifestyle and well-being. Temple Lifestyle currently services retailers across Canada and the western United States, from major national chains to independents, providing the marketplace with healthier-for-you food and beverages. Thanks to its brand development strategy and the continuing growth of its national retail network, Temple Lifestyle has had a strong growth dynamic since its inception.
Ultimately, the success of Temple Lifestyle rests on the fundamental core values that are shared by all employees: Hungry for Success, Life Enthusiasts, The Golden Rule, All hands on deck, and Get Shit done.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.