A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Assistant Controller is responsible for daily activities related to accounts receivable and payroll accounting. He/she is also responsible for the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with the required schedules and formats. He/she participates in the implementation and respect of the internal control process for accounts receivable and salary accounts. He/she will:
- Prepare and review GL entries and perform reconciliations
- Prepare and account for customer invoicing according to contracts
- Perform end-of-month closing
- Produce and analyze monthly financial statements
- Ensure compliance with accounting procedures and standards
- Analyze variances for various balance sheet and income statement items
- Produce monthly reconciliation analyzes
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Produce various monthly and annual accounting reports
- Assist the Director in various tasks, as required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth computer knowledge (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Management reporter an asset)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel (PivotTables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Professional Accounting Title CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) an asset
- Bilingualism is essential
Qualifications and level of education
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, accounting or finance
- 3 to 5 years of experience at a similar job
Nordia is the largest provider of customer service solutions, with operations in 13 centers located in B.C, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. Nordia has been at the forefront of advanced customer service solutions in the telecommunications sector since 1999.
Nordia provides a wide range of support to help customers get the most out of their services and to resolve their problems. Nordia’s services include customer support (billing, service, and technical), sales and loyalty, e-chat, directory assistance, and teleconferencing, as well as technology-assisted relay services to facilitate communication for hearing and speech-impaired customers.
Nordia is an organization that cares: cares about its employees, care about its customers and care about providing the best possible service experience. The essence of what we do is to make it personal for employees and for every customer we interact with. We cultivate an environment of respect, opportunity, support and team work.
Nordia prides itself on attracting and retaining top talent, providing a stimulating and rewarding environment for employees and offering among the most competitive total compensation in the industry. In a recent survey, 82% of Nordia employees said they would recommend Nordia as an employer to their friends and family.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.