Recognized as one of the best employers in Montréal and continually searching for new talent, Richter is one of the most important independent accounting and consulting firms in Canada. Our firm stands out from other accounting firms because of the level of commitment and collaboration of its employees, who are the foundation of its success.
Richter’s Assurance Division currently has an opportunity for an Analyst in its Enterprise Group. Below are the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
• Prepare Notice to Readers (NTR) financial statements.
• Assess accounting policies used by the entity and identify departures from GAAP.
• Determine adjustments (accruals, amortization, etc.) for NTR statements and propose accounting entries.
• Assist in determining accounting entries to record complex corporate transactions arising from roll-overs, windups, and dissolutions or amalgamations.
• Prepare financial statements for all companies in a related party group and ensure intercompany transactions and accounts are correctly recorded.
• Identify business, accounting and tax issues impacting the business in the course of preparing year-end reports and statements.
• Prepare personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns (T1, T2, T3, T5013).
• Prepare T4/T5's, NR4, etc.
• Assess and prepare foreign reporting requirements (T1134 and T1135)
• Assess compliance with sales tax (HST/GST/QST) and payroll regulations.
• Recommend tax strategies in consideration of remuneration planning, distribution of income among family members, CDA balances, and safe income.
• Assist in the setup of new companies – establish chart of accounts and processes to capture transactions, and obtain corporate business numbers for tax reporting.
• Assist clients on bookkeeping matters (best practices, accrual accounting, regulatory compliance, common controls) in conjunction with year-end engagements.
• Analyze client bookkeeping to ensure compliance with regulatory authorities (personal expenses, taxable income adjustments, payroll matters).
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
• CPA professional designation, an asset
• Experience in an accounting firm, an asset
• Bilingual (written and spoken)
• Good knowledge of taxation
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent team player
• Good knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of Simply Accounting and Quickbooks, an asset
• Knowledge of CaseWare/CaseView, Write-Up and Taxprep, an asset
Richter is one of the largest independent accounting, business advisory and consulting firms in Canada. Our ability to help owner-managed organizations anticipate and meet complex challenges is why we are still the firm that means business for entrepreneurs. Innovation is the key to our approach, combined with the ability to generate results quickly. Richter offers a full range of advisory and consulting services, supported by in-depth industry knowledge and national and international experience.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.