A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
We are seeking an Assistant Estate Manager for our growing Consumer Insolvency team. For over 50 years, our experienced team has been working collaboratively with lenders and debtors at all levels to help protect their interests.
• Participate in the delivery of consumer insolvency services such as addressing the key strategic, operational and financial trouble spots to rapidly diagnose any problem, identifying immediate stabilizing activities, providing operational and performance improvement advice, and addressing debt-structuring and refinancing, or recovery needs
• Assist in the administration of formal insolvency appointments including bankruptcies, proposals and receiverships
• Post trust receipts, interest allocations and earning and adjustments
• Record asset realization, tax refunds and monthly payments received from the client
• Responsible for ensuring a consistent approach and compliance with policies and legislation as they relate to insolvency
• Complete reports relating to review of proposal acceptance or rejection by creditors
• Follow-up with creditors regarding submitted paperwork or file particulars
• Develop relationships with special loan financiers, insolvency lawyers and client executives
• Assist in the preparation Statement of Affairs documents, 170 Reports, Certificate of Discharge, Trustee’s Supplementary Report to Court, Pre and Post Bankruptcy Tax Returns and Final Statement of Receipts and Disbursements
• Assist in e-filing relevant documents in a timely manner with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
• Compile, review and analyze financial data
• Prepare schedules, reports and other documents
• Respond to creditor and other interested parties queries
• Develop a thorough understanding of the firm’s services, businesses and industry
• Promote the firm insolvency and advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
• Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
• Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
• Attend internal firm courses to further develop knowledge around performance improvement
• Completion of Insolvency administration courses and/or working towards becoming a counsellor under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA)
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience, ideally in a professional services environment
• Working knowledge of the BIA
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
• Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
• Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
• Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
• Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
• Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
• Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
• Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
• Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.