A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Savaria is currently looking to fill the position of Accountant for its finance department. Under the supervision of the Corporate controller, the position will be based at the Company’s head-office located in Laval, Quebec. The chosen candidate will be responsible for all of the accounting functions of the Company’s U.S. subsidiary as well as other tasks within the finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• All accounting functions including, but not limited to accounts payables/receivables, month end close process, preparation of general ledger journal entries, bank reconciliations, preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements, all other related duties;
• Work closely with the subsidiary's staff;
• Participate in the accounting activities of the group’s other subsidiaries in collaboration with the Chief accountant and the Corporate controller;
• Perform other administrative and accounting duties related to the head-office’s operations.
• Minimum of 5 years of full accounting cycle experience;
• Bachelor of Accounting or equivalent;
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word);
• English and French, spoken and written;
• Ability to manage several projects at the same time and to handle tight deadlines;
• Organized, rigorous, autonomous, proactive and team player;
• Available to travel on an occasional basis.
Does this position interest you? Would you like to join our team? Please forward your resumé as soon as possible by applying through this website, by fax at 450-628-4500 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Use of the masculine gender is for the sole purpose of lightening the text. Only applicants being actively considered will be contacted.
Savaria Corporation (savaria.com) is one of North America’s leaders in the accessibility industry. It provides accessibility solutions for the elderly and physically challenged to increase their mobility and independence. The diversity of its product line is one of the most comprehensive on the market. Savaria designs, manufactures, distributes and installs accessibility equipment, such as stairlifts for straight and curved stairs, vertical and inclined wheelchair lifts, as well as elevators for home and commercial use. In addition, it converts and adapts vehicles to be wheelchair accessible. It also operates a network of franchisees and corporate stores through which new and recycled accessibility equipment is sold, as well as vehicle conversion in certain locations. Savaria operates a plant located in Huizhou (China), which increases its competitive edge. The Corporation records close to 60% of its revenue outside Canada, primarily in the United States. It operates a sales network of some 400 retailers and affiliates in North America and employs some 500 people. Its principal places of business are located in Laval (Quebec), Brampton (Ontario) and Huizhou (China).
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.