Position: Accountant – analysis and costing
Salary: between $50,000 and $60,000 per year
Perks: schedule of 32 hours a week; work-life balance; 3 weeks of vacation, extra days off during the holidays and Easter
Would you like to find a job that offers a 32-hour work week, and an excellent work-life balance? Here’s your chance!
Our client, a prestigious distribution company in business since 1981, invites an Accountant responsible for process improvement and inventory to join their downtown Montréal team.
In this role reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the accounting function.
More specifically, you will be accountable for the timely delivery of management reporting, variance analysis, planning and internal controls. You will need to demonstrate excellent leadership, problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, encourage teamwork by personal example and be proactively hands on. In addition, you must possess strong cost accounting and advanced computer skills, and demonstrate the highest levels of organizational skills, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and 3-year forecast
- Assist in the weekly/monthly closing process for accounting activities as per required timeline
- Maintain accurate inventory and sales costs
- Assist in establishing cost of finished goods
- Provide periodic financial and operating management reports on a timely basis
- Identify and implement requisite controls and procedures to support the financial system and operational processes
- Ensure consistent compliance with company policies and procedures including Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist with information requirements resulting from internal and external audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA) or in progress
- 3 years of experience in accounting, costing-inventory and analysis
- Excellent inventory knowledge and experience
- Experience within a distribution environment
- Bilingualism and especially very good knowledge of French and French writing
- Knowledge of Excel (a must)
- Dynamism, motivation, and ability to work within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills, integrity and autonomy
- Desire to improve process
- Computer literacy
You will get a salary ranging from $50,000 to $60,000 per year, 3 weeks of vacation, extra days off during the holidays and Easter, etc. Apply now!
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.