Home Top100 Note
Home-jobboom Home-jobboomContact Us

8- Where can I find more information about targeted services and programs?

Did you recently immigrate to Canada? Would you like to have your foreign degrees recognized? Are you living with a functional disability or wish to obtain some advice? Are you an aboriginal person? This section may meet your particular needs.

88- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials

If you are new to Canada and would like more information on studying or working here, this Web site is for you. It provides information on the credentials assessment process, which evaluates your past schooling or work experience to determine what you are qualified to do here in Canada. This is a necessary step when applying to university or to learn if you can continue practising your profession here. The Web site lists a number of services across Canada which facilitate the assessment process.

CIP: There is also a special section for Canadians who want to study abroad. This section provides links to regional, national and international sources of educational information. See: www.cicic.ca/factsheets/factsheet4en.stm.

89- National Educational Association of Disabled Students

Current or prospective students with disabilities will find this Web site extremely useful. It includes a list of Canadian colleges and universities with on-line information on services for students with special needs, allows you to get in touch with disabled student groups or committees, and provides information on financial help. Consider this Web site an essential resource!

90- Persons with Disabilities Online

People with various disabilities, their families, caregivers and others with an interest in disabilities can access a broad range of information concerning disabilities on this site. It provides links to assistive technology information and serves as a model of accessibility, providing links to products and services that improve the quality of life for persons with disabilities. Check it out for relevant links to federal, provincial and territorial government Web sites, especially in the categories "Education" and "Employment".

91- Aboriginal Human Resource Development Strategy - Service Canada

The Aboriginal Canada Portal is a unique Internet gateway to Canadian Aboriginal on-line resources, contacts, information and government programs and services. The portal is easy to use and presents a vast array of information for and about Aboriginal people on such topics as employment, businesses, education, training and economic development. The site also features links to National Aboriginal organizations, Aboriginal community information and federal, provincial and territorial governments.

92- The Aboriginal Relations Office — Human Resources and Sills Development Canada

Are you First Nations, Inuit or M├ętis? Are you looking for a job, or do you wish to upgrade your skills? The Aboriginal Human Resources Development Strategy can help. The Strategy's agreement holders are located across Canada. They have programs to help you get job skills and work experience.

CIP: Click on "AHRDA Locations" and use the map to find a service provider near you who you can contact for more information.

93- WORKink - The Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work

WORKink is an interactive Web site dedicated to work equity. It publishes a number of articles on the difficulties experienced by job seekers with disabilities. It also provides a news bulletin, job opportunities and a lot of practical advice. The most important facet of this Web site is the counselling chat room, where job seekers can discuss their situations with an on-line counsellor.

CIP: This Web site provides a link to the Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work, which features many programs and services for job seekers with special needs.

In Canada, some occupations are regulated under provincial and territorial legislation to protect public health and safety. That means a provincial or territorial regulatory body must recognize a person's qualifications before that person can work in one of those regulated occupations. Non-regulated occupations have no set requirements. There is no legal requirement to obtain a licence to work in these occupations. Individual employers set the standards reflecting the occupation and the sector.