PREAMBLE This contract constitutes a legal agreement between the users visiting the jobboom.com website and its affiliated websites jobboompigistes.com and jobboomformation.com (all of which are hereafter referred to as the “Site”) with regard to the use of said Site.
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY PRIOR TO ACCESSING THE SITE. By using the Site, you accept to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting outlined in this contract for the entire duration of the time that you are one the Site.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS CONTRACT, DO NOT USE THE JOBBOOM SITE. The terms and conditions of this contract are subject to change at any time and are effective immediately.
1. Accepting the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting
Welcome to the Jobboom website! By using the services offered by Jobboom, you accept the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting as well as the conditions associated with the management of future changes. We recommend that you periodically verify these terms and conditions to ensure that you are aware of any updates and agree to them.
2. Services Provided by Jobboom
Jobboom is a single source for everything that has to do with the world of employment; job postings, a job search engine, a resume-creation tool, professional training, employment-related information as well as other relevant information. On the Site, you will find detailed descriptions of employment opportunities provided by several companies and organizations, and a description of the training activities provided by public and private professionals. Jobboom also provides service and corporate suppliers with a powerful tool to broadcast their service offerings and their employment opportunities.
3. Copyright and Trademarks
The Jobboom logo and all the variations, the navigation tool and all contents of Jobboom are provided for non-profit purposes. Use of the logo or information contained at Jobboom for commercial or advertising purposes, or to increase the flow of guests to another site, without prior written permission from Jobboom is prohibited.
Jobboom and the other names, logos and icons that refer to products and services from Jobboom are registered trademarks. Unless an exception is expressly stated, no elements of our service may be interpreted as granting an individual the right to use the intellectual property of Jobboom.
It is strictly forbidden to neither modify, copy, distribute, transmit, post, represent, reproduce, publish, license, transfer or sell any information, software, product or service obtained from the Site, nor create material derived from the aforementioned elements.
4. User Name and Password
You are the sole person responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password; Jobboom cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized use of your account. Should the confidentiality of this information be compromised, please inform our Customer Service by email at email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure that your identity is not used for fraudulent or malicious purposes. Jobboom cannot be held responsible for loss or damage resulting from the infringement of the security measures described in this section. We therefore suggest that you carefully read the LIMITATIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY in Provision 6 of these Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting to learn more about the extent of your responsibility regarding Jobboom’s services.
5. Use of the On-line Communication Services
You are entirely responsible for the content of the messages that you broadcast through our services and thus, are accountable for any and all consequences ensuing from said messages. The use of our on-line communication services to promote or to sell any goods or services for commercial purposes (with the exclusion of training offers on the Jobboom Formation page), conduct or send any studies, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters, spam, hack, solicit or perform any other illegal act is utterly forbidden. It is also prohibited to perform an act that could undermine the rights of a third party, or their enjoyment of the service. Any activated services and packages must be used within the timeframe specified in your package. No refunds will be issued for unused services.
Although Jobboom retains the right to remove or delete data, at its sole discretion, it is a right that Jobboom retains as an option and not as an obligation. Jobboom makes no statements regarding the control over the content that has been posted on the Site, given the volume and speed at which data is transmitted over the service.
6. Limitation of Responsibility
Search engines, directories, and content are provided as a courtesy by Jobboom, without warranty as to the accuracy or availability of such sites. Furthermore, Jobboom makes no claims regarding the volume of search results. Information on the Internet is evolving constantly, as do the sites on which the information is published.
Consequently, it is impossible to have full updates at all times. Jobboom therefore cannot be held responsible for limited results, or for the unavailability of a given site.
Moreover, Jobboom cannot guarantee the confidentiality of the information transmitted over the Internet and cannot be held accountable for potential damage caused by the inadvertent disclosure of said information. You therefore accept full responsibility for this issue.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting, you withdraw any and all responsibility from Jobboom as to any and all direct or indirect damage that results from the use of said service. You also agree that all the information available on our websites is offered without any guarantee that the content is accurate or reliable.
7. The Network’s Efficiency and Security
Jobboom cannot guarantee flawless efficiency or flawless security. It is possible that a computer hacker may manage to access our servers. It is therefore important that one keeps in mind, PRIOR TO LOGGING INTO JOBBOOM, that it is always possible that a malicious individual may access our servers and use, for the individual’s own benefit, some personal information that a Site member has entered. IN SUCH A CASE, neither Jobboom nor its administrators can be held liable for acts of computer hacking nor be blamed for whatever damage or loss that such illegal activity may incur upon the Site member. The Site may on occasion experience failures or outages and some programming issues related to updates or events that are beyond the control of the Site’s administrators.
Neither administrators, nor any member of the organisation can be held liable if a Site member is unable to browse through the Site regardless of the reason that is preventing the ability to browse through the Site, including, but not limited to reasons of misunderstanding, defective telephone line, incompatible modem, defective cable, inadequate configuration, incompatible browser, etc.
8. Content Ownership
The individual who submits content to our service remains the sole owner of the content. However, the individual grants a license to Jobboom to use the submitted contents for broadcasting and promotional purposes. This license is granted to Jobboom through the submission of an individual’s material to our services and it is provided perpetually, toll-free, on a non-exclusive basis. This license namely includes the right to use, reproduce, copy, in whole or in part, the information and display the contents on our sites, unless expressly excluded.
You also agree that Jobboom reserves the right to remove information from its network if the contents are deemed inappropriate and contravene the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting.
9. Noncompliance to the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting
The Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting are implemented to protect our users and to maintain the quality of service. You acknowledge that any noncompliance or outright violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting contained herein may lead to the removal of your access link to Jobboom.
10. Applicable Law
The Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting is governed by the laws of the province of Quebec. You hereby acknowledge that any dispute resulting from, or related to the use of Jobboom’s services or related websites will be submitted to the competent jurisdiction in the district of Montreal, province of Quebec.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting, you agree to side and defend Jobboom in the case wherein legal proceedings are enacted against Jobboom following the infringement of the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting by yourself or any other person who uses your link to Jobboom.
12. Job Postings
In accordance with Article 41 of the Charte de la langue française, all job postings for all employment opportunities in Quebec must by law be posted in French (the entire content).
“According to provisions of the Charte de la langue française, which has been law in Quebec since 1977, French is the official language of Quebec. Therefore, any company that has or wishes to establish a business venture in Quebec must comply with the requirements contained in the Charte. Whoever does not comply to a disposition in the law or a ruling adopted by the Government in accordance with said Charte is in violation of the law and is subject to corrective measures from the Office québécois de la langue française, and eventually, to legal proceedings. Jobboom invites you to respect the law by including a complete description of the job posting in French.”
If you wish to obtain detailed information about the provisions in the Law that apply with respect to the language of work in Quebec, please access the Office québécois de la langue française website.
13. Conditions Related to the Use of Links
Jobboom allows for the insertion of hypertext links to one’s own Internet homepage. An individual can insert a hypertext link that points back at Jobboom only if the individual has accepted the Conditions Related to the Use of Links as described herein. By inserting such a hypertext link, the individual has automatically accepted these specific conditions:
- If an individual inserts a hypertext link to the Jobboom site, Jobboom grants the requester a licence that is limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and exempt from fees & royalties that authorizes an individual to use Jobboom’s trademark and Internet icons, if available, (hereafter referred to as “Authorized Trademarks”) to the sole purpose of establishing a link between the individual’s website and the Jobboom site. As an exception to the limited licence that allows the individual to use the Authorized Trademarks granted in virtue of this paragraph, it is strictly forbidden to use the Jobboom trademark or service brand (the “Marks”) for whatever reason without the prior written consent from Jobboom. An exception is provided for a limited licence that allows the individual to use the Authorized Trademarks, it is strictly forbidden to use the Jobboom trademark or service brand (the “Marks”) or the content of the Site for whatever reason without the prior written consent from Jobboom.
- The individual recognizes that all rights with respect to the Marks, the content displayed on the Site and the display of the Site’s webpages are the sole propriety of Jobboom. The individual must not at any time, be it directly or indirectly, contest or violate these rights.
- If an individual inserts a hypertext link to the Jobboom site, the individual’s website:
- cannot create a frame destined to surround any part of the Site or use another technical method that may have an incidence on the integrity of the Site;
- cannot imply that Jobboom has recommended the individual or his or her products or services;
- cannot imply an affiliation between the individual’s company and Jobboom without prior written consent from Jobboom;
- cannot misrepresent the relation between the individual and Jobboom or give the false or erroneous impression regarding the services from Jobboom; and
- cannot display content that may be construed as unpleasant or offensive, but solely content that may be accessible by all ages.
- Jobboom retains the right to export links, which it feels are relevant, that point to the Site (homepage, postings, directories, and so on).
- Jobboom assumes no responsibility with respect to the content as it appears on the individual’s website.
- Jobboom can at anytime and at its sole discretion, immediately rescind an individual’s licence that allowed the individual to use the Authorized Trademarks and the individual’s right of having a link inserted on the Site, with or without motive. If Jobboom exercises this right, the individual must immediately remove and delete the links to the Site and cease using the Authorized Trademarks.
It has been agreed upon that these Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting can be modified or altered in whole or in part by Jobboom at any time and without prior notification. By entering and browsing the Site, the individual agrees to comply with the said Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting as defined on the Terms and Conditions of Use for Participation and Posting page.
(Version 1.0 – 20131010) Copyright © 2013 – Jobboom inc. – All rights reserved.