Metacognition. Yikes! Okay, take a breath. It simply means learning about how we learn and think. When we know how we do both, we can be much more effective. As you work on your next project, which metacognitive question will you ask yourself most?
- What is my criteria for success?
- Why am I reading this text?
- Am I using my plan?
- What do I need to remember?
- Do I have enough information?
- What do I do if I don’t understand?
- Could I be doing something differently?
- Should I go in a different direction?